Windows 10: PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

Discus and support PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I prefer Adobe Reader for pdf files, but no matter how many times I set the default app to Adobe, it keeps getting changed back to MS Edge. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by w1ksz, Nov 14, 2017.

1. w1ksz Win User

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

I prefer Adobe Reader for pdf files, but no matter how many times I set the default app to Adobe,
    it keeps getting changed back to MS Edge.

How do I put a stake in this vampire !! ??

Thanks,

Richard S.

:)

w1ksz, Nov 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 keeps changing my default app for PDFs to Edge. How can I get it to leave the app setting alone?

Windows 10 keeps changing my default app for PDFs to Edge. How can I get it to leave the app setting alone?

every day! twice a day!

MarkBlumenthal, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Fsned Win User
    Default PDF app cannot be set to acrobat after latest Windows 10 update

I tried this and it worked, but then reset default pdf app to edge again. Any other thoughts?

I have continued to play with settings and follow procedure you suggest. However default app for pdf keeps changing back to Edge.

Fsned, Nov 14, 2017
  4. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

That doesn't sound correct, unless you just upgraded Windows to a new build number.

If you go to the Start menu and select Settings, then under Apps, what is shown as the Default App for a PDF?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 14, 2017
  5. w1ksz Win User
    I just reset it to Adobe this afternoon.

rs

w1ksz, Nov 14, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
Thema:

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

1. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed - Similar Threads - PDF Default App

2. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  3. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  4. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11, Can't change default app for .PDF's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Can't change default app for .PDF's: Hi,Some advise please.I have Acrobat DC and Acrobat pro installed on my system and I want to change the default reader for .pdf's to Acrobat pro from Acrobat DC.I go to file associations, find the PDF association, then it asks which file to open PDF's. It does not show...
  6. default printer keeps changing to pdf printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default printer keeps changing to pdf printer: My default printer is always set to my regular paper printer. Occasionally when I 'print to pdf' windows 10 keeps changing my default printer to the pdf and I have to manually go back to the settings and change it to my preferred printer.The 'let windows manage my default...
  7. .pdf files default program keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    .pdf files default program keeps changing: Hello, I am trying to have my Adobe 9.0 to be my default program for .pdf files. I have tried right clicking on the file in file explorer, clicking open with, and choosing Adobe 9.0 and selecting set as default app. However, once I go back to the file explorer and click on...
  8. Change default printer for PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change default printer for PDF: How do I change the default printer in Foxit Reader from Foxit printer to HP 1050 which is the default printer on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-printer-for-pdf/3db57bfd-644c-423d-87ff-41e318927a17
  9. Can't Change Default App For PDF

Can't Change Default App For PDF: I have tried everything I found online about this & Windows still will not let me change the default app for opening pdf files. I want to use Libre Office Draw but it is not on the list of options. They want me to choose an app from the Windows store. It does not give me an...
  10. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I complained about this a while ago and followed the suggestion of another ListMember. Well, like the Borg, Windows has adapted. I prefer Adobe for my pdf reader, but as many times as I change the default to Adobe, Windows keeps changing it back to Edge (lousy pdf...