Windows 10: Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge

Discus and support Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When opening this link to a pdf-file in Edge, figure 1 is incomplete. When opening the same link in Chrome, it is complete. - Could someone verify on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jkieniki, Jan 21, 2016.

1. jkieniki Win User

Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge

When opening this link to a pdf-file in Edge, figure 1 is incomplete. When opening the same link in Chrome, it is complete.
    - Could someone verify on another computer that the figure is incomplete in Edge?
    - Is it a bug of Edge, or is the pdf-file corrupt?
    I am surprised because many years ago the pdf-format guaranteed that a printed document was identical to the original.

Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge [​IMG]

:)

jkieniki, Jan 21, 2016
  2. P1Swan Win User

Windows 10 Edge PDF Viewer

When opening a PDF file using Windows 10 Edge, not all content within the PDF file is being displayed.

If I open same file using Adobe Reader, the entire content of the PDF is shown.

Do I assume there is bug in Windows 10 Edge that cause this issue?

P1Swan, Jan 21, 2016
  3. PablitoD Win User
    How do I disable Edge's built-in PDF viewer?

I'm browsing in Edge (on Windows 10 Pro, desktop) and click on a link to a PDF file. Currently, Edge displays the PDF within the browser, using a built-in viewer.

I want to be able to configure Edge to always open the PDF in the default application for PDFs (which is currently Adobe Reader DC on my PC) - i.e. in an external application, not using Edge's built-in PDF viewer.

How do I configure Edge to do this? (I can't see a way in settings or advanced settings.)

I know there's a workaround to right-click on the link, save the file, go to File Explorer, find the file and then open the file. But that's tedious.

Thanks,

P

PablitoD, Jan 21, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I can verify that what you see is normal behaviour for Edge which seems to use its own pdf viewer. Internet Explorer does a correct job of showing the image using the Adobe Reader add-on.

This is not a problem with the pdf file - it is something that you should report to Microsoft so that they can improve their Edge browser.

philc43, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge - Similar Threads - Pdf file displayed

2. Displaying PDF files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displaying PDF files: 1/27/23 I am running a Dell XPS system with Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have set up my system so that when I want to display a file from a webpage it gets downloaded instead. I don’t remember how I did this or whether I did it in Windows settings or my Chrome...
  3. Displaying PDF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying PDF files: 1/27/23 I am running a Dell XPS system with Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have set up my system so that when I want to display a file from a webpage it gets downloaded instead. I don’t remember how I did this or whether I did it in Windows settings or my Chrome...
  4. Displaying PDF files

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  6. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  7. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  8. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  9. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  10. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...