Windows 10: PDF files

Discus and support PDF files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have a question regarding pdf files.I have been saving printable forms on my external drive & just changing & editing info when needed.It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lin02, Apr 26, 2016.

1. lin02 Win User

PDF files

Hi I have a question regarding pdf files.I have been saving printable forms on my external drive & just changing & editing info when needed.It was originally done in windows 8 on my old computer which suddenly died.I am now trying to open these forms in window10 & I am having trouble as it will not allow me to edit info on the forms dates etc .Is there a way I can change a setting or something to allow this to be edited.Thanks

:)

lin02, Apr 26, 2016
  2. Granyte Win User

Reader App in Windows 10: How do I open pdf files in a new window by default?

When I have a pdf file open in the reader app on Window 10 and I open another pdf file, the new pdf file is opened in the same window as the other pdf file. That is, rather than creating two windows with each pdf in a separate window (like Adobe would),
    the new pdf file is opened in the same window as the other pdf file. If I right click in the reader app window, I am shown all of the previously opened pdf files. I can then right click on a pdf file and have it opened in a new window.

I would like the reader app to open pdf files in a new window by default. Is this possible?

Granyte, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Can't find received bluetooth PDF files!!

You can't receive a batch of PDF files and save them all at the same time. You have to receive, open & save each file individually. Here's how it works:

PDF file#1 is sent & received on the phone

Acknowledgment message received & tap to view

PDF file#1 opens up in Adobe Reader app. PDF file#1 is stored.

PDF file#2 is sent & received on the phone

PDF file#2 opens up in Adobe Reader app. PDF file#2 is stored.

PDF file#3 is sent & received on the phone

PDF file#3 opens up in Adobe Reader app. PDF file#3 is stored.

Repeat for each PDF file.

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

PDF files

Hi, do you know which program you were using in '8 to accomplish this? It would have been sthg you installed - you would need to do the same in '10.

dalchina, Apr 26, 2016
  5. joddle Win User
    Regular PDF readers cannot edit files - only display and print them - However there are more versatile programmes out there which can edit but they tend to be expensive - the best being Adobe Acrobat. I have found however, even early versions appear to work fine in W10 and I am using Acrobat 8 myself without any issues at all. There are also a number of free pdf programmes but I have found none as good as Acrobat although some may be OK for what you need!

joddle, Apr 26, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Agrred.
    Adobe Acrobat is good enough for me.
    But then I don't use it extensively, actually only once awhile.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PDF files

1. PDF files - Similar Threads - PDF files

2. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  3. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File: I raise purchase orders in MYOB i then use the Microsoft Print to PDF output to create a PDF which i then email to my SupplierHe cannot copy and paste the details from this file , I cannot alsoYour assitance would be gretaly appreciated...
  4. MIcrosoft Print to PDF MYOB File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My device is not working well when I want to read a pdf file. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My device is not working well when I want to read a pdf file. What should I do?: I have a Surface Pro 7 and I am not satisfied with it at all. I can not open a pdf file and read it on this device because every 15 minutes the window with pdf shows not responding page and I cannot do anything else. I have to turn off the device and turn it on again but the...
  6. I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the...

I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the...: I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the same case for images it links itself directly to the drawing tool , what should I do ?...
  7. I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the...: I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the same case for images it links itself directly to the drawing tool , what should I do ?...
  8. How to remove PDF files security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove PDF files security.: I have been unable to uploaded files thru the Electronic Court System, Working on it for months, seems nothing work. The system take the file but can't upload it with indication have security. Already removed the 2steps verification from Office. Need help fast....
  9. How to remove PDF files security.

How to remove PDF files security.: I have been unable to uploaded files thru the Electronic Court System, Working on it for months, seems nothing work. The system take the file but can't upload it with indication have security. Already removed the 2steps verification from Office. Need help fast....
  10. How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?: I'm attempting to upload a file to a website no brackets permitted. My saved file name doesn't contain any brackets but the upload failed. The rejection of the uploaded file showed the file name as including the file size in brackets after .pdf. Please can anyone assist as to...