Windows 10: PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

Discus and support PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having this problem with PDF files. Some of them show the 1st page of the file(mostly books front cover) as thumbnail image on the desktop, and,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ILIAS BURKETT, Mar 15, 2017.

1. PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

I am having this problem with PDF files. Some of them show the 1st page of the file(mostly books front cover) as thumbnail image on the desktop, and, inside folders, but, some don't show the thumbnail image of the first page in the file. These files that don't show the thumbnail image, just show the same standard icon of the program that is used to open the PDF files.For example, I am using PDF-Xchange program for PDF files right now. So, these files just show a PDF file Icon for that program. I do not know what is causing some files to show the thumbnail images, but, others don't. It helps me a lot if I can see the 1st page of the file(mostly Books Front covers) as a thumbnail image. I appreciate any help with this issue. Thanks in advance.

:)

ILIAS BURKETT, Mar 15, 2017
  2. Lead3 Win User

PDF icon to jpg icon

Is the Adobe reader your default PDF reader? It must be, to see the thumbnails.

Yes, if you put an image of the jewelry on the first page, it will show in the thumbnail.

Lead3, Mar 15, 2017
  3. PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 windows explorer

Windows 10's windows explorer does not show PDF thumbnails, only the PDF icon.... Checked all of my icon/thumbnail settings all are set to show thumbnails not icons ….. 95% of my work is with PDF's please fix or inform how to switch back to 8.1 …... NO PDF
    THUMBNAILS IS HURTING MY BUSINESS....

ChrisMalchow, Mar 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

dalchina, Mar 15, 2017
  5. I think this can help,
    PDF Icons used to Show Preview of Document - No... |Adobe Community
    but, I just downloaded Acrobat Reader XI last night. When I go to Edit---->Preferences------->General, The page that I see has different sets of options. I do not see a checkbox for;
    "Enable PDF Thumbnail PreViews in Windows Explorer"
    What Version of Adobe Readers offer this option? I do not see it in Adobe Reader XI? Thanks Again

ILIAS BURKETT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

1. PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't? - Similar Threads - PDF files_ show

2. Windows 11 Thumbnails not showing on some images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Thumbnails not showing on some images: New laptop running Windows 11 with Dropbox and Carbonite only displays some image thumbnails. We scanned for malware, ran sfc /scannow, reset folder defaults, deleted thumbnail cache, and rebooted. There are no missing Windows updates. Opening the photo to view it and then...
  3. Windows 11 Thumbnails not showing on some images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Thumbnails not showing on some images: New laptop running Windows 11 with Dropbox and Carbonite only displays some image thumbnails. We scanned for malware, ran sfc /scannow, reset folder defaults, deleted thumbnail cache, and rebooted. There are no missing Windows updates. Opening the photo to view it and then...
  4. Thumbnail on some videos not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail on some videos not showing: Hi,Some of the videos are not showing thumbnails in Windows 10. I can see them in Windows 7. I have done all the settings shown in the View Tab. Nothing seem to be working.Can you please assist.Thanks....
  5. Some *downloaded* videos from Youtube don't show thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some *downloaded* videos from Youtube don't show thumbnails.: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2 19042.804 Hello! I'd just like to start off by mentioning that I'm pretty good with PCs. I've been using computers since 1983 and I worked in IT for 20 years. So I kind of know what I'm doing. Sometimes. Some of the newer stuff confuses me,...
  6. Some images and video won't show thumbnail in windows explorer

Some images and video won't show thumbnail in windows explorer: Some of my images and videos , wont show an image. Some show thumbnails and others show the image. I have gone into VIEW > Options and unchecked show thumbnails as many sites ask but it doesnt resolve the issue. See the screen shot below [ATTACH]...
  7. File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t: In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them. In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked. On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab,...
  8. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...
  9. Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files

Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files: Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in file explorer which is very frustrating because i want to know what i'm about to view before i click on it....
  10. Image files are not always showing thumbnails. Some are but most aren'

in Windows 10 Support
    Image files are not always showing thumbnails. Some are but most aren': I have a problem with the preview display on image files where some will show an image preview and others will show an icon. This error does not happen systematically. When I open a folder with images in it some preview the image while others don’t. When I next reopen the...