Windows 10: PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Discus and support PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows was updated yesterday with an Excel Update. There were also some other program updates, including Malwarebytes. I am not sure which update did... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Gator5000e, Mar 28, 2017.

1. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Windows was updated yesterday with an Excel Update. There were also some other program updates, including Malwarebytes. I am not sure which update did something, but now previewing a PDF in Outlook 2010 does not work at all. I get PDF Preview Handler errors. I know this isn't an Outlook forum but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Mar 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

I want to once again use Chrome for URLs and Adobe Reader for PDFs, but lost this after a Windows 10 auto-update.

I now too have the situation where PDFs in emails I receive in Outlook (2010) open in Edge, and when I attach a PDF to an Outlook email it shows as an Edge doc. Also, URLs in Outlook Emails open in Edge. PDFs and URLs other than in Outlook open with my
    preferences.

I've reset all the defaults I can find to associate PDFs with Adobe Reader and URLs to Chrome. Also tried the suggested regedit change. Didn't help at all.

My Set Default Programs don't show Microsoft Outlook, just:

• Microsoft account
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft family restrictions
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Control Panel shows I have both Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (which includes Visio) and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 - English (which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).

BobInTheMountains, Mar 28, 2017
  3. RusTeK Win User
    Outlook 2010 full synchronisation

Thanks. Yes, I noticed that I had suddenly acquired new calendars in Outlook 2010, but my question really was which calendar should I be using in Outlook2010 in order to keep appointments sync'd with my WP8 phone?

RusTeK, Mar 28, 2017
  4. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Hi Gator5000e.

First I would disable Malwarebytes to rule it out as a cause.

If problem persists open Outlook 2010, go to Outlook Options, Trust Center, then Trust Center Setting, Attachment Handling. Review settings.

Have you checked the event log to see if there is better error data within?

Another excellent resource for all issue Outlook, Outlook and Exchange Solutions Center

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Two steps solved the issue. I reverted back to MB 2 and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat. I've had no issue with MB 2 but MB 3 seems to have a bunch of bugs that they are trying to sort out. I appreciate the reply though.

Gator5000e, Apr 7, 2017
  6. Thanks for posting solution. I've seen quite a few comments on MalwareBytes 3 being problematic.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

1. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly - Similar Threads - PDF Previews Outlook

2. Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.: Hi.I have Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.Every time I restart my computer, I can´t preview pdf in Outlook.The only way to solve to follow the information in this topic: File preview not working when file is renamed - Microsoft CommunityIt works until I restart my computer...
  3. Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.: Hi.I have Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.Every time I restart my computer, I can´t preview pdf in Outlook.The only way to solve to follow the information in this topic: File preview not working when file is renamed - Microsoft CommunityIt works until I restart my computer...
  4. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  5. Outlook 2010 has suddenly malfunctioned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 2010 has suddenly malfunctioned: Outlook 2010 has suddenly malfunctioned; I can open and receive emails, but I am unable to send an email. An email shows up on the taskbar, but it is greyed out and won't come up on the screen. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it six times to no avail....
  6. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  7. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  8. My Outlook 2010

My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  9. Microsoft Outlook 2010

Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659