Windows 10: PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Discus and support PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows was updated yesterday with an Excel Update. There were also some other program updates, including Malwarebytes. I am not sure which update did... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Gator5000e, Mar 28, 2017.

1. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Windows was updated yesterday with an Excel Update. There were also some other program updates, including Malwarebytes. I am not sure which update did something, but now previewing a PDF in Outlook 2010 does not work at all. I get PDF Preview Handler errors. I know this isn't an Outlook forum but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Mar 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

I want to once again use Chrome for URLs and Adobe Reader for PDFs, but lost this after a Windows 10 auto-update.

I now too have the situation where PDFs in emails I receive in Outlook (2010) open in Edge, and when I attach a PDF to an Outlook email it shows as an Edge doc. Also, URLs in Outlook Emails open in Edge. PDFs and URLs other than in Outlook open with my
    preferences.

I've reset all the defaults I can find to associate PDFs with Adobe Reader and URLs to Chrome. Also tried the suggested regedit change. Didn't help at all.

My Set Default Programs don't show Microsoft Outlook, just:

• Microsoft account
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft family restrictions
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Control Panel shows I have both Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (which includes Visio) and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 - English (which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).

BobInTheMountains, Mar 28, 2017
  3. RusTeK Win User
    Outlook 2010 full synchronisation

Thanks. Yes, I noticed that I had suddenly acquired new calendars in Outlook 2010, but my question really was which calendar should I be using in Outlook2010 in order to keep appointments sync'd with my WP8 phone?

RusTeK, Mar 28, 2017
  4. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Hi Gator5000e.

First I would disable Malwarebytes to rule it out as a cause.

If problem persists open Outlook 2010, go to Outlook Options, Trust Center, then Trust Center Setting, Attachment Handling. Review settings.

Have you checked the event log to see if there is better error data within?

Another excellent resource for all issue Outlook, Outlook and Exchange Solutions Center

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Two steps solved the issue. I reverted back to MB 2 and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat. I've had no issue with MB 2 but MB 3 seems to have a bunch of bugs that they are trying to sort out. I appreciate the reply though.

Gator5000e, Apr 7, 2017
  6. Thanks for posting solution. I've seen quite a few comments on MalwareBytes 3 being problematic.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

1. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly - Similar Threads - PDF Previews Outlook

2. Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  3. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  4. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  5. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  6. Outlook 2010 will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2010 will not open: I get the following error message: "Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recieve message cannot be found. Check your settings in this Microsoft Outlook profile. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then...
  7. MY Outlook 2010 is all of a sudden after a upgrade to windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    MY Outlook 2010 is all of a sudden after a upgrade to windows 10: A Microsoft tech upgraded me to Windows 10 after I went back to win 7 ( long story ) but now all of a sudden my Outlook 2010 is keeping the main window as always on top so while working on a email if I click anywhere I lose the email and outlook stays on top how can I turn...
  8. Outlook 2010 Random Crashing

Outlook 2010 Random Crashing: Outlook 2010 keep crashing on average about once a day giving the enclosed error report. I've repaired the installation but the problem continues. Any ideas what may be the cause? Outlook.txt 54642
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. Office 2010 Migration - Outlook

Office 2010 Migration - Outlook: Whilst my office suite (2010) seems to have migrated well, has anyone had any issues with sending mail from Outlook. I have a exchange server account in Outlook which works fine, however I also have a BT Internet (Yahoo version) pop 3 account, which is set to the correct...