Windows 10: PDF Viewer Failing

Discus and support PDF Viewer Failing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm getting this error while trying to preview a PDF in Outlook 2013, using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0 as the default. This file cannot be previewed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sd75mac, Aug 16, 2015.

1. sd75mac Win User

PDF Viewer Failing

I'm getting this error while trying to preview a PDF in Outlook 2013, using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0 as the default.

This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer:
    PDF Preview Handler for Vista

Anyone else getting this error?

Harold

:)

sd75mac, Aug 16, 2015

2. How to open a PDF file via a web link?

Just got a WP8 Nokia Lumia 920 and I'm having issues viewing PDF files via web links.
    I installed the Microsoft PDF viewer and it seems to work fine. If a PDF file is on the device and I open it, the MS PDF viewer works fine. If I'm at a website and click on a link that points to a PDF file the MS PDF viewers opens but immediately says:
    "Error, unable to open document".

Here's a link that fails: http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/LPC2468.pdf

Its like the MS pdf reader wants the PDF file in its "library" area and won't open a file out of that area. IE must be sticking the pdf file in a temp directory somewhere the MS pdf viewer can't find.

Is this a setup problem on my end? Does this work for anyone else?

Thanks!

GregDeuerling, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Nopetro Win User
    doc/pdf reader for s60v5/n97

Use an Online PDF VIEWER OR INSTALL A JAR PDF VIEWER. REGARDS

Nopetro, Aug 16, 2015
  4. sd75mac Win User

PDF Viewer Failing

Thanks for all the help, I solved my problem.

sd75mac, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

PDF Viewer Failing

1. PDF Viewer Failing - Similar Threads - PDF Viewer Failing

2. PDF Viewer - Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Viewer - Preview: I don't like Adobe Reader so I installed another PDF Viewer/Editor. However it is now impossible to get a preview of the file in File Explorer. Why is that? Is it even legal that the functionality is impaired unless users use a third- parties software even if they don't want...
  3. PDF Viewer - Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Viewer - Preview: I don't like Adobe Reader so I installed another PDF Viewer/Editor. However it is now impossible to get a preview of the file in File Explorer. Why is that? Is it even legal that the functionality is impaired unless users use a third- parties software even if they don't want...
  4. Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer lags

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer lags: It a started a few updates ago, when the icon for Microsoft Edge went from an 'E' symbol to the new blue circle(?). Scrolling through a PDF file (already downloaded in the computer, not viewing from a website's link) feels horribly lag and it takes longer time than usual to...
  5. Regarding pdf viewer in new microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding pdf viewer in new microsoft edge: I have installed new edge recently and I often use edge for reading pdfs and I add notes and highlight important text while reading. I lost all this highlighted text and notes after installing new edge. The question is, is there any chance to restore previous data ? and now...
  6. PDF viewer

PDF viewer: They should just put a wrapper around old edge, slam a new icon and release it via MS store. submitted by /u/YasZedOP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa6c6a/pdf_viewer/
  7. Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?

Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?: Before the Chromium update hit, Microsoft Edge had a pretty neat and fluid PDF viewer. Now, that's been replaced by a far more sluggish, uglier viewer, at least by my standards. Is there a way to recover this PDF viewer, or are there any standalone PDF viewers that do the...
  8. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809
  9. PDF Viewer with voice control?

PDF Viewer with voice control?: Hey everyone, here *Biggrin are there any pdf viewers with voice control? The only commands I'm looking for are next/previous. I tend to use my surface, before that an iPad, as a sheet notes viewer while playing piano and while swiping left/right to turn pages is faster...
  10. PDF Viewer program suddenly fails in Win 10

PDF Viewer program suddenly fails in Win 10: Win 10 Pro 14393.rsi I'm very fond of PDFviewer by Tracker Software. Even though it is no longer in development it can be downloaded from https://www.tracker-software.com/pro...s/discontinued It's free for private use and has many virtues, like a good OCR. Suddenly,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office16 default pdf viewer