Windows 10: PDF will not work inside of a website

Discus and support PDF will not work inside of a website in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having a problem with adobe Acrobat working with windows 10, a pdf will open if its on my desktop alone standing but if i'm in a website that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rose3434, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Rose3434 Win User

PDF will not work inside of a website

I am having a problem with adobe Acrobat working with windows 10, a pdf will open if its on my desktop alone standing but if i'm in a website that i want to view a pdf it gives me this message saying a error has occurred something is stopping this pdf from opening. If anyone can help me please let me know how to fix this, I didn't have this problem with windows 7.....

:)

Rose3434, Sep 15, 2015
  2. jackwoltz Win User

Link in PDF file won't open in Edge

EDGE Browser in Win 10.

When I open a PDF file from a website link, Edge opens the PDF link OK but will not open a Website link within the PDF. It works OK in Chrome & Safari.

?????

Barjak

jackwoltz, Sep 15, 2015
  3. E71x will not load a website

This application works. I can now do my school online with my phone.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Tom

Thomas3087, Sep 15, 2015
  4. hawkman Win User

which browser are you using

hawkman, Sep 15, 2015
  5. Not much specific help I'm afraid but have you thought of using an alternative, or are you forced to use Adobe?
    I gave Adobe the boot years ago and have used Nitro Reader, it's free, ever since. No problems with W10. Adobe Acrobat alternative: The Best PDF Software Replacement | Nitro

Here's a screenshot with three tabbed pdf's available.

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...-nitro.jpg?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171

Torquemada, Sep 15, 2015
  6. Rose3434 Win User
    Using chrome doesn't work or ie isn't working.

Rose3434, Sep 15, 2015
  7. Rose3434 Win User
    Rose3434, Sep 15, 2015
  8. Rose3434 Win User

nope it didnt work. I removed adobe reader.. and put nitro on and still totally blank when I click on the pdf inside of a website.

Rose3434, Sep 15, 2015
  9. WhyMe Win User
    Hi Rose3434 and welcome to the forum *Smile

I'm thinking maybe you have some extensions or add-ins for your browsers that have carried over from the Win10 upgrade and are not functioning correctly. I suggest removing/disabling all such extensions/add-ins and resetting your browsers to default options.

WhyMe, Sep 15, 2015
  10. Rose3434 Win User
    thank you will try that.

Rose3434, Sep 15, 2015
  11. hawkman Win User
    What about the reader app?

hawkman, Sep 15, 2015
  12. Joergi Win User
    There are two things to take care of:

First, the according browser must be configured to do the right action, when you click a PDF link. (The default action could e.g. be "Download the file", "Open the file" or "Show me a dialogue field in which I can choose for each single case".)

Secondly, the server, which sends you the PDF file, must be configured correctly: The server must send the right HTTP Headers for the PDF file. If it does not, then many browsers do at least not open the file (even if it has the file extension pdf. You can check, if this is your problem, by clicking on PDF links, which are coming from other servers - does it work there?

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PDF will not work inside of a website - Similar Threads - PDF inside website

2. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some websites are not working: Hi, i have a problem, 2 days ago i changed back my windwos from 11 to 10 and i can t acces some websites like yahoo mail, and another webistes I tired some things but nothing is working, can someone help me with this?...
  3. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some websites are not working: Hi, i have a problem, 2 days ago i changed back my windwos from 11 to 10 and i can t acces some websites like yahoo mail, and another webistes I tired some things but nothing is working, can someone help me with this?...
  4. Print to PDF omitting text from length websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print to PDF omitting text from length websites: Hello,For the purposes of this question, I am referring to this website:https://indaily.com.au/opinion/2020/06/04/state-border-closures-divide-legal-opinion/If you go to that website in any browser edge, firefox etc. and select print whether in the article, on the browser, or...
  5. PDF print issues for reports clarity when printing with Windows PDF option inside of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF print issues for reports clarity when printing with Windows PDF option inside of...: Hello I noticed when I make a PDF print of Resource Cost Overview I have a issues with the resolutions I have a white space that shows up as seen below, however the print preview does not have this. Is there a setting to correct this to make it cleaner? [ATTACH] Space...
  6. Print to PDF not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to PDF not working: I frequently use PDF printing across a variety of software programs, including MS Word and Quickbooks. Recently, printing to PDF stopped working. For example, when I try to print in Word using Microsoft Print to PDF, I get the following error message: We couldn't print...
  7. Apps for Websites not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps for Websites not working: Updated to Win 10 Version 2004 19041.388. Apps for websites aren't working properly. Clicking a link in an e-mail for Twitter repeatedly bring up the "How do you want to open this?" dialog. Example: Control Panel - Apps for Websites shows links for t\Twitter should be...
  8. website not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    website not working: hi there, my website is not working i was wondering if it is due to my windows or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-not-working/c79043bf-82eb-4914-8693-6e337a02da28
  9. Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites: Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a forum that has a thread with a pdf file attached. It wants me to save the pdf to my HD instead. I'm using Adobe Reader and this is the first I have noticed this change. Edge Version 80.361.62 64bit The Extension App shows pdf...
  10. How to send out email inside a website?

in Browsers and Email
    How to send out email inside a website?: My friend has built a website for me and there is a section where the visitor can leave me message or questions. It's supposed that when they hit on the "submit" button the message should be sent to my email box. I personally have NO web building knowledge, but he does, he...