Windows 10: PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop

Discus and support PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop Cannot install and activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AltaWilters, Jul 26, 2018.

1. PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop

PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop

Cannot install and activation

:)

AltaWilters, Jul 26, 2018

2. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 26, 2018
  4. PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop

unable to open PDF file from DOCUMENT

Hi Wanda,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you using any third party program to open .PDF file?

2. Are you facing this issue only with .PDF format? what about other file formats?

You may follow the below steps and check.

1. You may right click on the .PDF file and hover the mouse over "open with".

2. Select the program like Edge or reader app.

3. Now check if it opens.

If the issue still persist, you may also follow the below steps to set a default program for PDF file and check if you can open the file.

1. Open Control Panel (All Items View) and click on the Default Programs icon.

2. Click on the Set your default programs link.

3. In the left column, select (highlight) a listed program that you want to change it's default file associations for.

4. To Set All of the Default Associations to the Program.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

6. Click on the Save button to apply.

7. Click on OK.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop

1. PDFelement. Cannot open any PDF file and cannot install any program on my laptop - Similar Threads - PDFelement Cannot open

2. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  3. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  4. Cannot open ANY .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  5. Cannot open any PDF File

Cannot open any PDF File: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge yesterday 9 June. Today I tried to open a PDF file and get the error: Windows cannot find C:\Users\johnb\OneDrive\Desktop\APAM Registration as of 6 June.pdf. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. I am actually clicking on the...
  6. Cannot Attach files in any programs.

Cannot Attach files in any programs.: All programs that I attempt to attach files to fail. The attaching file window does not respond and I have to close that program to continue. This is across EVERY program. All Microsoft apps, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Paint, etc. and all other programs, including...
  7. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  8. Just installed w10 and cannot install any programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Just installed w10 and cannot install any programs: I just installed windows 10 today on a new m.2 drive. This is my 2nd time installing today. The first was win10 pro then I wiped and formatted to install win10 enterprise. When I try to install anything I get this error [img] . I do not think it is a permissions issue...
  9. why cannot I install any programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why cannot I install any programs?: Cannot install any programs. What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cannot-i-install-any-programs/7b928557-65e8-4bea-a77e-7754262b7824
  10. Cannot open any files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open any files in file explorer: Hello, recently my file explorer has stopped working, whenever I try to open anything in the file explorer, on my C: or D: drives, it just shows the following error: [ATTACH] how can I fix this?...