Windows 10: PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen

Discus and support PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, For the past week and a half any PDFs or office documents that I try to open either from a website or from email do not open. They open up as a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by juseasy, Oct 20, 2016.

1. juseasy Win User

PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen

Hi,

For the past week and a half any PDFs or office documents that I try to open either from a website or from email do not open. They open up as a black screen, not blank but BLACK.

Occasionally one will open. Around October 12 there was a Windows 10 update pushed out so I tried rolling it back. This worked for about an hour but then the same problem occurred again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

juseasy, Oct 20, 2016

2. Issues in Desktop Control after Creators Fall Update

Dear developers, after the creator Falls Update on windows 10 i am unable to right click over several specific kind of icons (Images, office and pdf documents). If i try to right click to open the menu, either the screen goes black and resets the desktop
    or, if in a folder, it closes the folder. Could you help me?

MATTIA OSTINATO, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Open a PDF with Adobe's PDF Reader

Firstly, open Office on the phone and see if your PDF document shows up. If it does then tap on it to open it and you will be given a choice of which PDF reader you would like to open your document with (assuming you have more than one PDF reader) otherwise
    Adobe reader will launch.

If the PDF isn't present within the Office app then try moving the document to the Documents folder on the phone or to your Skydrive folder.

The next time you launch Adobe Reader your PDF document will show up in the app.

Ray Hipkiss, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen

1. PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen - Similar Threads - PDFs Office Documents

2. opening PDFs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening PDFs: Trying to open PDFs as normal but keep getting this pop-up on my screen “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe” “%1”. Does anyone know what is going on and how it can be fixed? Many thanks in advance...
  3. opening PDFs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening PDFs: Trying to open PDFs as normal but keep getting this pop-up on my screen “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe” “%1”. Does anyone know what is going on and how it can be fixed? Many thanks in advance...
  4. opening PDFs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Open Office Master document help pls...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Office Master document help pls...?: Hello I have a client who has open office and has created a "Master" document. All the client wants to use is a standard open office document but she cannot as the Master document always opens instead. If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful!!? or if it cant be done...
  6. Vault cannot open PDFs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vault cannot open PDFs: I set up my Vault on a Samsung Android phone and added files. Then when I went to my PC to pull up the Vault, PDFs will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vault-cannot-open-pdfs/882d5ef7-df5e-42a5-943a-0e7b10589cac"
  7. Cannot open PDFs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open PDFs: Received recent updates and now when I try to open a PDF, I get two error messages: [ATTACH] when I click OK, get this message [ATTACH] HOWEVER, when I forward PDF to my gmail account and open while in google/gmail, file opens OK, no error message. what's wrong?...
  8. Printing any document on any printer open Office 365 screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing any document on any printer open Office 365 screen: I print on any program (Word, Excel, Poblisher, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Google Chrome, Brave, etc) on any of my two printers (Xerox CQ8900 and Epson Stylus NX515) and it keeps opening that annoying Office 365 screen. I close the screen and when I print again, it opens that...
  9. Microsoft Office won't open any document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office won't open any document: I've been unable to open any Word doc. I received a Windows updated notice and remember clicking on something to sync to all devices. I've reinstalled Office. I've run both short and long-term repairs. Can you help me please?...
  10. Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents: Since the Creators Upgrade, any Office 365 app, e.g. MSWord does not have option to browse for files in the Documents folder. If I try to browse, It goes to "This PC" and to "not responding". It automatically inserts "Sky Drive" which is probably the problem but I haven't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdfs opening as chrome html doc in microsoft office 365 proplus