Windows 10: Peculiar and perplexing

Discus and support Peculiar and perplexing in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; On initial start,Device manager shows the display adapter has been stopped,error code 43.When restart selected,the operation is normal and the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by joeandmarg0, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Peculiar and perplexing

On initial start,Device manager shows the display adapter has been stopped,error code 43.When restart selected,the operation is normal and the display adapter,nvidea GeForce gt610,works without a problem,
    This situation happens every time,without fail.
    Fast startup and the other options with it are unchecked.
    the drivers are uptodate,as claimed by Windows.
    A web search for code 43 is a waste of time.
    Can anyone tell me why a restart gets the card to work after the normal start disables it?
    Thanks,
    Joe

:)

joeandmarg0, Dec 28, 2017

2. Disappearing Ringtones on N82

Today I discovered that my preinstalled ringtones aren’t available when I try to change them (tools – settings – general – personalisation – tones). When I try to change tones from the ones selected I get ‘Select tone’ and only two options ‘Download sounds’
    and ‘Off’. Which is odd.

Using Y-browser I found them in z:\data\sounds\digital, but they don’t show up under tools.

Do any of you nice people out there have any answers to this peculiar and perplexing problem?

mmilo---01, Dec 28, 2017
  3. mccbleue Win User
    Lumia 730 strange and peculiar camera problem

My niece uses a similar Lumia 735 and has not complained. In any case, we actually prefer the Lumia Camera app to the standard Camera app, even though some features are not available to all phones.

mccbleue, Dec 28, 2017
  4. Peculiar and perplexing

This error message could mean there's a hardware issue or it could simply mean that there's a device driver problem.
    Please install device driver for this device from device manufacturer website.

FreeBooter, Dec 28, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    I would try completely uninstalling the video card, restart the computer, then re-install it.

pepanee, Dec 28, 2017
  6. Thank you both for your replies.All the standard solutions have been tried and the problem of the initial start disabling the card and the restart re-enabling the card,which works faultlessly until a normal shutdown and start is initiated once again.
    What does a restart sequence do,which accepts the card,as against the initial sequence which rejects it?

7. Geosammy Win User
    Have you tried removing the card and it's drivers?
    Starting up windows, without the card installed.
    Uninstall any video card driver.
    Using the program below.

Also this program runs best while in safe mode. Once the driver has been uninstalled in safe mode.
    Shutdown the computer and reinstall the card.
    Start windows and then install the drivers.
    Be sure, that before you do this. That you get/download the most recent driver for your card.
    This program is called Display Driver Uninstaller, or DDU for short.
    The program is specifically made, to uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers.

Peculiar and perplexing [​IMG]

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

Geosammy, Dec 28, 2017
  8. Peculiar and perplexing

Thank you Geosammy,all those methods have been tried.If it were a driver and/or hardware problem,then why does a restart completely solve it for as long as the machine is not shutdown?The fault is totally consistent and does not indicate a dependence on driver/hardware.
    Joe

9. pepanee Win User
    Don't know if you've tried this yet:

1) Turn off the computer
    2) Physically remove the video card from the computer
    3) Turn on the computer and let it sit for a few minutes (or until you know that it has stopped loading or whatnot)
    4) Press the power button on your computer. If you don't think it's shutting down, then pull the power cable out from your power source to turn off the computer immediately
    5) Physically insert your video card back and give the computer power again
    6) Turn on the computer and see if anything changed

pepanee, Dec 29, 2017
  10. Geosammy Win User
    That's what I was trying to explain.
    Perhaps the video card needs to be reseated into it's slot.

Geosammy, Dec 29, 2017
  11. Thank you both,the next step will be to replace the card when finances permit.However,the last initial start showed no card fitted,the subsequent restart showed the card working normally.This seems to indicate an OS problem,because the indicated fault only ever occurs on initial start.SFC and DISM don't show any problems.

joeandmarg0, Dec 29, 2017
  12. The only action which fixed this issue was a CLEAN INSTALL.

joeandmarg0, Jan 21, 2018
  13. Peculiar and perplexing

Good job. You got a old 775 socket to run Windows 10.
    I didn't think that could be done on the 15 year old computer.

Once again, Good Job.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 21, 2018
  14. Helmut Win User
    "Can anyone tell me why a restart gets the card to work after the normal start disables it?"
    A Restart and a Shutdown are different and it can depend on how you have configured your Shutdown, the latter is not really a Shutdown it's some sort hybrid state of Sleep and Hibernation, according to MS. If you want to know more go to MS.

You do get problems with Sleep and Hibernation due to low power states of hardware which is why a Restart is better.

People messing about with uninstallers, drivers etc can affect the system in odd ways. It's almost never a install the latest Nvidia driver scenario much loved by gamers.
    Other system drivers rarely mentioned.
    That's why a clean install works, it installs all system drivers that have been messed up. Makes allowances for aging hardware and so on.

Have used Nvidia Graphics Cards for 16 years and never used anything like DDU ever. Never need to re-install Windows for 4-5 years. Though obviously with Windows 10 it effectively does that every 6 mths with a major version install.

Helmut, Jan 21, 2018
  15. ***"Can anyone tell me why a restart gets the card to work after the normal start disables it?"***

Take a read of this tutorial by Brink (Fast Startup)
    I keep mine off and I have a very fast computer.
    My thinking is but I can't prove it. Some times on Fast Startup some drivers don't get loaded completely at times.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 21, 2018
Thema:

Peculiar and perplexing

1. Peculiar and perplexing - Similar Threads - Peculiar perplexing

2. Very peculiar issue with windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very peculiar issue with windows taskbar: I am running windows 10, and after reconnecting all displays physically trying to troubleshoot another issue, the taskbar specifically the right system icons on the taskbar ceased to function. the Volume icon on the taskbar still works, but is on a windows vista fallback. The...
  3. Very peculiar issue with windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very peculiar issue with windows taskbar: I am running windows 10, and after reconnecting all displays physically trying to troubleshoot another issue, the taskbar specifically the right system icons on the taskbar ceased to function. the Volume icon on the taskbar still works, but is on a windows vista fallback. The...
  4. Very peculiar issue with windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Peculiar duplicate process names in registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Peculiar duplicate process names in registry: I had an issue of 100% disk usage, and to check I checked in registry and found these processes are duplicate with names of existing process. Tried to stop these by overriding start parameter with 4 disabling. But whenever start my system i found these duplicate process with...
  6. Peculiar duplicate process names in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peculiar duplicate process names in registry: I had an issue of 100% disk usage, and to check I checked in registry and found these processes are duplicate with names of existing process. Tried to stop these by overriding start parameter with 4 disabling. But whenever start my system i found these duplicate process with...
  7. Peculiar duplicate process names in registry

8. Peculiar input issue - how to proceed identifying the source of the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peculiar input issue - how to proceed identifying the source of the problem?: text regarding character entry issues with keyboard and mouse.Something funny has been going on with this for a while now, and I can't help but wonder what's behind it? As I'm typing, for some reason the insertion point will backspace destructively and remove the previous one...
  9. Peculiar input issue - how to proceed identifying the source of the problem?

Peculiar input issue - how to proceed identifying the source of the problem?: text regarding character entry issues with keyboard and mouse.Something funny has been going on with this for a while now, and I can't help but wonder what's behind it? As I'm typing, for some reason the insertion point will backspace destructively and remove the previous one...
  10. windows 11 software download peculiarity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 software download peculiarity: When I attempt to download wondershare filmora and click open file, a box appears on my screen, and says, "The app you're trying to download isn't Microsoft approved." and in a corner, I'm pretty sure there was a Microsoft store logo.So, what do I do?...