Windows 10: Peek to preview the desktop

Discus and support Peek to preview the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have this checked to put at end of taskbar,but it is very small to use.Is there a way to make larger?. In windows7 this was not a problem. I mean this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zplugger, Oct 21, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Peek to preview the desktop

Have this checked to put at end of taskbar,but it is very small to use.Is there a way to make larger?. In windows7 this was not a problem. I mean this is like 1/16 wide.

:)

zplugger, Oct 21, 2015

2. disable right corner access to desktop

Right click on a blank part of the taskbar. On the Taskbar tab, in the centre, clear Use Peek to preview the desktop.

Alan Russell, Oct 21, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    PINNING

Hi Silvia, a couple of options . . .

When you want to see the Desktop, use this keyboard Shortcut:

Windows Key + D

Use Peek:

Right click your Taskbar, choose Taskbar Settings

Turn on this option: 'Use Peek to preview the Desktop . . .'

Then is you move your mouse to the bottom right of your screen the Desktop will appear . . .

DaveM121, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Just throw your cursor hard into the corner.

Edwin, Oct 21, 2015
  5. zplugger Win User
    Hard to do that with dual monitors,guess I have to live with it. Thanks for the info.

zplugger, Oct 21, 2015
  6. pgarden Win User
    I also had this problem, my Show Desktop button (or Peek to Preview) was barely ¼ inch wide and very difficult to use. I researched How to make the Show Desktop button larger but couldn't find any way to do this. But there was info on how to add a Show Desktop Icon to the task bar at:- https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html - I followed the instructions and now I have an Icon on the task bar and it is so easy to locate and use.

pgarden, Oct 21, 2015
  7. zplugger Win User
    Thanks pgarden will give it a try

zplugger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Peek to preview the desktop - Similar Threads - Peek preview desktop

2. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  3. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  4. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to the same software. One of the user accounts has a problem with Settings > Personalization > Taskbar where the “Use Peek to...
  5. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to the same software. One of the user accounts has a problem with Settings > Personalization > Taskbar where the “Use Peek to...
  6. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Peek At Desktop messed up

Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  8. Peek at desktop functionality

in Windows 10 Customization
    Peek at desktop functionality: I can't use peek at desktop unless I'm using a maximized window. I used to be able to peek at the desktop with multiple windows open, but this is no longer the case. The button doesn't even show up when I have side to side windows. Is there a way to bring back the old...
  9. A peek into the WebAssembly Browser Preview

in Windows 10 News
    A peek into the WebAssembly Browser Preview: Following the introduction of asm.js, we have been working with other browser vendors including Mozilla, Google, Apple, along with the rest of the WebAssembly community group, to push the performance boundary of the web with WebAssembly. WebAssembly is a new, portable, size-...
  10. Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?: I have it enabled. But sometimes I have to move my mouse to the far right of the taskbar several times before it finally works. It's irritating. I don't understand why Microsoft didn't at least give us the option to put a Peek button on the taskbar like Windows 7 has. 26140

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to choose where my peek to preview desktop is at taskbar