Windows 10: Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors!

Discus and support Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors! So I select to fix the problem scandrive recommended scan and repair. But there's never anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hollyoaks777, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors!

Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors! So I select to fix the problem scandrive recommended scan and repair. But there's never anything wrong with them it reports! And it takes ages to scan it takes 10-15 minutes for 32GB pen drive. Windows 7 Pro done it in a flash! Anything I can do about it. Thank you in advance.

Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors! [​IMG]

:)

hollyoaks777, Jan 8, 2016
  2. mazeed92 Win User

Moving or installing Apps to External Device(Pen drive) in Windows10

Hi,

I am using Windows10. How can I install the apps or games from windows Store directly to External Device(Pen drive or External Hard disk). and also tell me that how to move the installed app to External Device(Pen drive or External Hard disk). I tried to
    move the apps from the WindowsApps Folder to pen drive(by crating the same folder name) but it shows error(apps can only run with App Container) or something like that. Please Clear me about that.

mazeed92, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Pictish9 Win User
    Windows 10 installing Anniversary update fails (UEFI Boot layout) 0xC1900200 / 0xC1900201

In my case the fix was simple: disconnect all extra drives, internal and external,other than the C operating system one. In my case the C drive was an SSD but I additionally had a 2TB Hard Disk inside and a USB pen drive externally. Once the HDD and Pen
    drive were disconnected the anniversary update went perfectly. Afterwards I reconnected these without problems.

Before this I spent hours trying unsuccessfully to get the update installed. So, the update process doesn't seem to like extra drives.

Pictish9, Jan 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors!

The times that I have seen these errors appear are usually when I have been careless and removed the drive by unplugging it before it was safe to do so. Like you I find the scan appears to find no errors and the drive works fine.

I now make a point of always clicking the tray icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" and waiting for the message to say that it is safe to remove the drive. This seems to stop the occurrence of those errors.

Hope this helps you!

philc43, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors!

1. Pen Drive and external hard drive keep getting errors! - Similar Threads - Pen Drive external

2. External hard drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive error: I was transferring files to my external HDD LaCie Rugged Mini USB3, and my computer turned off because of an error during the transfer. After I turned it back on, the drive was identified as a Local Drive H:, and I can no longer access the files on it. Now, when the disk is...
  3. External hard drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive error: I was transferring files to my external HDD LaCie Rugged Mini USB3, and my computer turned off because of an error during the transfer. After I turned it back on, the drive was identified as a Local Drive H:, and I can no longer access the files on it. Now, when the disk is...
  4. Windows 11 OS back up in a pen drive/external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OS back up in a pen drive/external hard drive: Recently my HP all in one desk top touch PC has been upgraded to Windows 11 OS. Could anyone please let me know step by step procedure as to how to make a copy of Windows 11 OS in a pen drive or external hard drive for my future back up purposes.Thanks,Balakrishnan....
  5. Windows 11 OS back up in a pen drive/external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OS back up in a pen drive/external hard drive: Recently my HP all in one desk top touch PC has been upgraded to Windows 11 OS. Could anyone please let me know step by step procedure as to how to make a copy of Windows 11 OS in a pen drive or external hard drive for my future back up purposes.Thanks,Balakrishnan....
  6. External Protable Hard Drive Error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Protable Hard Drive Error.: I have attached my external drive to my computer and it would have the sound that it has connected but it would say that there is an error. I would run a error check and repair on the drive but it would suddenly stop. The event viewer has this to say. [ATTACH]...
  7. External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  8. Permissions error on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions error on external hard drive: my permissions are all messed up on my external hard drive and now I can not open my Quickbooks company file that is backed up to it..need some help here..thank you! ***Moved From: Windows 10/Security & privacy***...
  9. Permissions error on external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions error on external hard drive: my permissions are all messed up on my external hard drive and now I can not open my Quickbooks company file that is backed up to it..need some help here..thank you!...
  10. External Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Error: My external hard drive is showing an error. G:\ is not accessible. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. Does anyone know how to fix it without formatting it? Have a lot of file on there that I'd like to recover if possible. Any advice would be greatly...