Windows 10: Pen Drive Issue

Discus and support Pen Drive Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't understand that when I'm going to take a RAR file in my pen drive then I noticed "The file [my file name] is too large for the destination file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bijutoha, May 18, 2015.

1. bijutoha Win User

Pen Drive Issue

I don't understand that when I'm going to take a RAR file in my pen drive then I noticed "The file [my file name] is too large for the destination file system" but, I'm sure that I have enough space in my pen drive.

Could you please say something about this issue? *Sad

:)

bijutoha, May 18, 2015

2. Can't copy and paste a file in windows 10 after clean installation

Hi,

It is possible that the external pen drive is corrupted. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you try to access the pen drive on another device, and then try to copy and paste a test folder. If the issue persists, you might need to reformat your pen drive
    already.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Patricia Yu, May 18, 2015
  3. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, May 18, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Pen Drive Issue

Maybe the destination drive was formatted with FAT32 file system and can only take 4GB file size max. You need to format it with NTFS.

topgundcp, May 18, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    Or with eXfat for compatibility with other systems. It will still let you write files larger of 4GB.

CountMike, May 18, 2015
  6. John035 Win User
    You can either split the file into smaller pieces and then copy it to your external hard drive or you can convert the file system to NTFS, where there is no limit on file sizes.

John035, May 19, 2015
  7. bijutoha Win User
    CountMike ! Your eXfat methodis working now. I'm happy to see it dear.................... Once again thanks to all of you guys , Thanks so much. *Biggrin

bijutoha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Pen Drive Issue

1. Pen Drive Issue - Similar Threads - Pen Drive Issue

2. What is a Pen Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is a Pen Drive?: What is a Pen Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pen-drive/0239c0a8-4ec6-4c0b-a6e4-32111aea2e1d
  3. Laptop pen drive connectivity issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop pen drive connectivity issue: Hello all the pc users present here.So the problem is my teacher had give me a pen drive for copying the xilinx application. So the issue I got after connecting the pen drive is I received a notification saying 'there is a virus in this drive'. not only just this time but few...
  4. pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pen drive: my pen drive cruzer blade is not open in my pc. And it notify that it is install but i can't see thier icon in my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive/564e65c4-164c-4e3a-835c-c470452f16cd
  5. pen drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pen drive: my pen drive cruzer blade is not open in my pc. And it notify that it is install but i can't see thier icon in my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive/564e65c4-164c-4e3a-835c-c470452f16cd
  6. Pen Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen Drive: Hi. I always face a question that my pen drive always undetected when I'm triying to transfer files to it. I download video that my teacher sent me on WhatsApp but everytime I try to transfer from my computer to pen drive it will run awhile and after that it says there's some...
  7. Pen Drive

Pen Drive: Hi. I always face a question that my pen drive always undetected when I'm triying to transfer files to it. I download video that my teacher sent me on WhatsApp but everytime I try to transfer from my computer to pen drive it will run awhile and after that it says there's some...
  8. Pen drive device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen drive device: How do I get a music pen drive to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive-device/168852ce-37e9-409f-bcbd-b973de81943c
  9. Issues with pen sensitivity.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with pen sensitivity.: Simply put, pen has been acting awfully erratically. On some occasions my pen will act normally but sometime it will simply be stuck at 100% sensitivity and that really puts a damper on my drawing. At first i simply thought it was Clip Studio Paint but after adjusting the...
  10. pen drives

pen drives: My old PC was BIOS. My new one is UEFI but set to legacy by my builder as I am not techy. I have pen drives I used to use with my old BIOS PC. Can I use these sticks as they are simply formatted for storage? How does this affect how I create and use a pen drive? Do I need to...