Windows 10: PendingRenames Folder

Discus and support PendingRenames Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK guys anyone know how I can fix this problem. I have over 9500 files in this folder. windows/winsxs/temp/PendingRenames for about last 2 weeks now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OldMike65, Aug 27, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

PendingRenames Folder

OK guys anyone know how I can fix this problem. I have over 9500 files in this folder. windows/winsxs/temp/PendingRenames for about last 2 weeks now, TrustedInstaller won't remove them, Disk Clean doesn't even see them. So any ideas on how to get windows to take care of them??

:)

OldMike65, Aug 27, 2015

2. Windows\Win sxs\temp\pendingrenames

My Folder Win sxs \temp\pendingrenames (4.9gb) contains 69,248 files;most of them are dated september 29 2017 and dec 12 2017

Is it possible to reduce/eliminate these files

André

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

Andre win10, Aug 27, 2015
  3. PibbsMD Win User
    Error code 0x80073712 windows update

Thanks for the reply Gerry,

Both folders exist and are in the correct location. PendingDeletes is empty while PendingRenames has 874mb worth of files in it. I ran the SFC in safe mode for a third time and it still failed at 96% with the error "Windows
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

PibbsMD, Aug 27, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

PendingRenames Folder

interesting ,, I have the winsxs folder with other folder inside but nothing in /PendingRenames , but over all there is over 5gig in the winsxs folder mostly folder with a AMD64 name .and some pictures of things I have never seen before .. must be of some use I guess

caperjack, Aug 27, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Well from what I have read, your PendingRenames folder should be empty. TrustedInstaller cleans that folder after updates are in installed. But......not mine.

OldMike65, Aug 27, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    not sure .did you look into the folders properties, and check security, and see how trusted installer is setup ... pic shows mine as full control

caperjack, Aug 27, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    No problem I can have Full Control with the click of my mouse. But, I want to let windows remove them not me.
    This is one folder that you should let a windows command remove them.

OldMike65, Aug 27, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

PendingRenames Folder

Ok I found a command that cleaned them up. dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup It worked GREAT.

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PendingRenames Folder

1. PendingRenames Folder - Similar Threads - PendingRenames Folder

2. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  3. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  4. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Uninstalled Office 2016, but Office files still exist in the Program Files>WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Office 2016, but Office files still exist in the Program Files>WindowsApps folder: I am installing a newer version of Office on my Windows 11 PC. I ran the uninstall app and also used the MS Recovery Assistant tool to remove Office 2016. I ran the tool after running the uninstall app and the tool still found leftover Office files and removed them. However,...
  6. Uninstalled Office 2016, but Office files still exist in the Program Files>WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Office 2016, but Office files still exist in the Program Files>WindowsApps folder: I am installing a newer version of Office on my Windows 11 PC. I ran the uninstall app and also used the MS Recovery Assistant tool to remove Office 2016. I ran the tool after running the uninstall app and the tool still found leftover Office files and removed them. However,...
  7. I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?: I accidentally deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer, and now I need to recover it. I've checked the Recycle Bin and looked for a backup, but no luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to recover the deleted folder? Thanks!...
  8. I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?: I accidentally deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer, and now I need to recover it. I've checked the Recycle Bin and looked for a backup, but no luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to recover the deleted folder? Thanks!...
  9. PendingRenames folder

in Windows 10 Support
    PendingRenames folder: Ok guys I just found that I have over 9000 files in the PendingRenames folder, its about 256 megs. How to I get windows 10 to fix these files?? 18635
  10. PendingRenames folder issue

in Windows 10 Support
    PendingRenames folder issue: Ok have had this problem before, was able to fix it last time. This time nothing I do removes these files. Tried Disk Clean, Dism, forcing TrustedInstaller to run, nothing works, even after installing our latest update today, didn't remove these files. Right now its size is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PendingRenames

2. windows resource checker pending renames

3. winsxs\temp\pendingrenames

4. win 10 what are files in temp pending renames,
  5. temp pendingrenames,
  6. windows sxs temp pending renames,
  7. pendingrename folder windows 10\