Windows 10: Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10

Discus and support Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have one Sandisk USB 2 OTG pendrive which can work on mobile and PC/Laptop. When I plug into the port the message pops up as sd/mmc card. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10

I have one Sandisk USB 2 OTG pendrive which can work on mobile and PC/Laptop. When I plug into the port the message pops up as sd/mmc card.
    I have recently burned on it one iso with Rufus 2.4 with multi bootable OS of 7, 8.1 and 10 bootable. I have enabled usb as the first bootable device into bios but it does not boot on my laptop. The message that i got is "efi usb device (generic sd/mmc) has been blocked by the current security policy".I have burned the usb using GPT as partitioning scheme with Uefi enabled. Hence security should not have been the cause.
    Could it be that the usb device is sd/mmc and not actual pendrive. I have purchased it as USB OTG pendrive from amazon. Capacity is 16 gb.
    Could it be possible that because od SD/MMC drive -it does not support booting.
    Please advice me what is wrong with my device or anything else.
    Ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 3, 2015

2. can i make recovery drive from the same PC in a pendrive TWICE?

Once i created recovery drive from my laptop in a pendrive and I have windows 10 then i formatted my laptop with the help of the pendrive then it was successfully installed .Now i have formatted my pendrive, so can I make make new recovery drive in the
    same pendrive and from the same laptop?

KrutikChuri, Oct 3, 2015
  3. How to go back to OEM WINDOWS 8.1 FROM FREE UPGRADE OF W-10

My Lenovo Laptop- 500 GB Hard Disk came with OEM Windows8.1 and the same is upgraded to Windows 10 on 08.08.2016. Soon after purchase I have taken the Windows8.1 back up on 16 GB pendrive.

I need C drive partition (350GB- Shrink Volume Process thru disk management is not allowing to partion ) and go back to Windows 8.1. I have noticed that the back up capacity increased to 64GB after upgrading to Win-10. In C-Drive 64 GB is unnecessarily
    wasted by upgrading. I didn't take back up after upgrading to Win10 as it require 64 gb pendrive or many dvd's.

Please advise What I should do to partition C Drive and go back to OEM Win8.1. As this is OEM Window there will not be any key no. with me except Pendrive back-up.

After formatting is it necessary to go to Lenovo Site for Laptop Drivers. Pl. Advise.

DhavalaSrinivasa Rao, Oct 3, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10

It probably is because the OTG drive is being recognized as SD/MMC - most computers will not boot from SD/MMC. I would use a regular USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Oct 3, 2015
  5. Mr NavyLCDR I also had some vague idea about this notion.

6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Oct 3, 2015
  7. But turning off secure boot is only required when the bootable OS is created with MBR partitioning scheme. My laptop has Windows 10 and the Laptop supports GPT system partitioning scheme and by default GPT supports only UEFI. My OS on OTG USB was prepared with these two parameters kept in mind - GPT & UEFI through Rufus 2.4. Everything was well thought and executed but still does not work. I think i will buy another pendrive and check whether that supports booting.
    Ashok

8. Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10

Mr halasz just for trial sake, I did as you suggested. Before disabling the Secure Boot in Bios, I have once again prepared the OTG USB with Windows 7,8.1 and 10 and after that I disabled the secure boot in bios and restarted my Laptop. This time it booted into the installation mode and I could see all three OSes there on the screen. Thanks for insisting for disabling the Secure Boot. It atleast proved that My OTG USB is good for making Bootable Pendrive with OS or anyother software. Thanks.
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 4, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad it worked out for you!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10

1. Pendrive does not boot on my Lenovo Laptop with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pendrive does boot

2. Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode: I was having issues with my laptop,so decided to reset it.It got stuck for 6 hours on 74%, I rebooted, said diagnosing, the attempting repairs. States cannot fix it, asks for password for Microsoft account.I had to reset that,won't let me in,won't boot in to safe mode.Tried...
  3. Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode: I was having issues with my laptop,so decided to reset it.It got stuck for 6 hours on 74%, I rebooted, said diagnosing, the attempting repairs. States cannot fix it, asks for password for Microsoft account.I had to reset that,won't let me in,won't boot in to safe mode.Tried...
  4. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  5. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  6. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot: Hello, I have created an installation media tool and have done a clean boot in the past for my Lenovo laptop. However, I did not follow all the instructions and did not delete all partitions. I had a jungle with so many files and slow running laptop. I knew this will...
  8. Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting: My Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Professional is not booting and gets stuck at the first Logo Screen. How do I reformat the hard drive to freshly re-install Windows 10 with my Windows 10 installation DVD? Existing data on the hard drive not to be saved. Please help urgently....
  9. Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely: Welcome to my nightmare! My Lenovo Laptop recently started an uninterruptible looping where it displays "Toshiba Leading Innovation", followed by twirling circle dots followed by"Attempting to recover installation", followed by "Restoring your previous version of...
  10. Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop: ​I'm having trouble logging into my computer (Windows 10 - Lenovo laptop). I was bypassing the password but periodically I have to change it. I have forgotten the pw so I can't get in. I thought I could go into safe mode to fix it, but having trouble with that. I thought...