Windows 10: 'People App' - Build 10061

Discus and support 'People App' - Build 10061 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone got the People App in Build 10061 working with an MS Account? I could create new contacts with a local account but, with an MS account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edwin, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

'People App' - Build 10061

Has anyone got the People App in Build 10061 working with an MS Account?

I could create new contacts with a local account but, with an MS account, the app opens then closes within seconds!
    Mind you, there is something wrong with the People App on W10 for Phones too, so maybe that's the problem.
    Just wondering.

:)

Edwin, Apr 25, 2015
  2. Windwake Win User

Auto upgrade for Beta systems?

See no capability to reserve upgrade on system running Eval Build 10061. Assume it will get upgrade automatically at some point?

Windwake, Apr 25, 2015
  3. Auto upgrade for Beta systems?

10061 is at best ancient. Current build is 10240. You need to upgrade to qualify

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 25, 2015
  4. ARC1020 Win User

I don't have Wndows 10 installed, however "Hi there guys, Zac here from WinBeta" *Biggrin mentioned that the People app doesn't work properly in his vid (2:15 in).

ARC1020, Apr 25, 2015
  5. KenG Win User
    Hi Edwin,

In my case (PC Build 10061) the new Outlook People app displays the splash screen for a few seconds and then just exits. Many people are having a similar problem. One of the Microsoft techs over on the Windows Insiders forums said it's a known issue for which there's no fix yet.

From those who actually have it running there are reports of issues similar to yours with no resolution at the moment either.

I don't mind so much that it doesn't work. My bigger problem is that without contacts on my system I can't use it for normal day to day stuff. .... Well, I could but if I have to keep switching to another system for email, calendar and other things that require access to my contacts I really can't be bothered to use the Tech Preview system for anything. And I can't find a way to uninstall the Outlook apps (Mail & Calendar, People) and reinstall the original Mail, Calendar & People app so I can get back to using the Tech Preview system normally.

So if anyone figures out how to uninstall those new Outlook apps I would be extremely happy if they would describe it in here. I'm command line literate so even a solution that uses the Command Prompt or the Powershell would be welcome.

...ken...

KenG, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 'People App' - Build 10061 - Similar Threads - 'People App' Build

2. Microsoft People/People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  3. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  4. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  5. People app crashing in build 17763

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app crashing in build 17763: Since I received the latest 1809 build: 17763, the People app no longer works and crashes upon opening. Anyone else? Guess I'll have to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that fixes it. 122988
  6. Activation issue on build 10061

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issue on build 10061: I have the Win10 Enterprise. I enter in my key and I get an error: "The product key you entered appears to be the default product key and cannot be used for activation".*What What key do I use now? 5639
  7. installed build 10061, precision touchpad stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installed build 10061, precision touchpad stop working: hi! my laptop is an acer and its model number is E5-511-P25J! now all acer laptops come with a precision touchpad, so does this but..... the freaking touchpad isn't bothering to work! i dual-boot with windows 10 and 8.1 (for work) and this problem ONLY persists in windows 10!...
  8. Monitor internal speakers no longer work - Build 10061

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor internal speakers no longer work - Build 10061: After updating to the latest build the speakers of my ASUS monitor aren't being recognized as being connected and thus can't be used.... https://i.imgur.com/aZUYTT9.png?1 Clearly something is incompatible now. Any advice is much appreciated. 5579
  9. Windows 10 Build 10061 will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Build 10061 will not connect to internet: Just upgraded from Windows 10 build 10056 to the new 10061 build. Cannot connect the my wired ethernet network adapter since upgrading....Project Spartan works just fine; however, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Tor, etc will not connect. Resorted to going back to 10056; however,...
  10. Windows 10 build 10061 and ESS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 10061 and ESS: Hi All, It seems Windows 10 build 10061 and ESET Smart Security is not compatible yet. It installs to a point and then I get 'rolling back action' *Sad I was wondering if anyone actually got ESS to work by turning off something or making a change in windows 10 to allow ESS...