Windows 10: People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency

Discus and support People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to be able to either turn off and / or clear the history pane that appears on the right side of each contact in the People App. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tomel, May 14, 2016.

1. Tomel Win User

People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency

I would like to be able to either turn off and / or clear the history pane that appears on the right side of each contact in the People App. I've searched and searched and cannot find any way to accomplish this. I must be missing something simple? Surely there are times when most of us would like to delete or clear the history.

Also, I notice that some of my contacts show something in the history pane, while others with whom I've had recent contact do not. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug? My wife's computer shows history going back weeks, while mine only appears to have history of a day or two. Another inconsistency. Why?

Thanks.

:)

Tomel, May 14, 2016
  2. Kodiyan Win User

How do I stop Windows 10/Edge saving all my typed search topics?

You can clear history from Cortana Settings Menu and Bing Search Settings to get ride off the complete history of your search history.

For Windows 10, the search information of both Cortana and Bing are combined together in cloud storage nowadays. Clearing this Search history in any of these apps will result in clearance in the cloud and in the connected devices too.

There is a workaround described with screenshots: How to Clear Search History of Cortana and Bing in Windows 10

Kodiyan, May 14, 2016
  3. How do I control privacy? Delete history?

I am referring to the people app in windows 10 - when I open this app it lists email history including deleted emails ... from a privacy point of view this is not necessarily ideal since there is no apparent way to edit or turn off this history/record
    of emails. There needs to be a way for a person to turn this off or edit this record.

Dr. BrickSaunderson, May 14, 2016
  4. garyb0125 Win User

I've noticed the same problem. My People app history consisted of emails that were sent using my oultook.com account. I found that deleting the sent emails from the Outlook.com SENT folder also eliminated the emails showing up in the People App history. Not an ideal way to clear the history, but it works. Hope this helps.

garyb0125, May 14, 2016
Thema:

1. People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency - Similar Threads - App turn off

2. Clipboard history even when history is turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard history even when history is turned off?: Hello,So I tried copying something and I got a pop-up '24 of 24 - Clipboard Item not collected...'.Btw why is this notification not in my notifications?? Ah, yes that is the MS way.Ok fair enough, but what surprised me was that seemingly there is some collection of copied...
  3. Clipboard history even when history is turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard history even when history is turned off?: Hello,So I tried copying something and I got a pop-up '24 of 24 - Clipboard Item not collected...'.Btw why is this notification not in my notifications?? Ah, yes that is the MS way.Ok fair enough, but what surprised me was that seemingly there is some collection of copied...
  4. How do I clear the history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear the history?: The way I've always done it, I don't seem to get a message stating that I have actually told the computer to do anything. Links to where I have gone still appear purple. I don't want to clear too much, because I might have to sign in to web sites again....
  5. How to clear Defender Detection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to clear Defender Detection History: Split from this thread. how did you do it. i have been trying for weeks can you plz be vary detailed and explain it to me. I'm vary new to using a computer. this would truly make my day....
  6. History off how to turn it ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    History off how to turn it ON: simple solution to turning file history on so I can back up to cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/history-off-how-to-turn-it-on/06d95968-eeea-4458-bdc5-68bc3592f331
  7. Clear Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Search History: I don't mean Bing or Google. I refer to the word search from within File History. In the upper right corner. As I remember, I used to be able to hover over an item in the drop down list and hit the Delete key....
  8. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  9. Clear web history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear web history: How do I completely clear the web browsing history on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-web-history/eb2401c4-163d-44bb-9cc9-771151d26339
  10. How to Turn On/Off and Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On/Off and Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard feature lets you have a list of multiple copied text in place so you can reuse it. That said, we know for a fact all Clipboard Data is cleared every time the computer restarts, but [...] This post How to Turn On/Off and Clear...