Windows 10: People Group- Distribution Lists

Discus and support People Group- Distribution Lists in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to add some of my contacts to a Distribution List using the Group function. Can't see the Group in the options section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Linda-I-Hate Window, Jul 29, 2018.

1. People Group- Distribution Lists

Trying to add some of my contacts to a Distribution List using the Group function. Can't see the Group in the options section

:)

Linda-I-Hate Window, Jul 29, 2018

2. Distribution List/Contact Group in Windows 10 People

Is it not a backward step to remove the option for Distribution Lists in Outlook? People, such as myself, who run voluntary groups or clubs etc will regularly need to send the same emails to a group of people and now we have to do it individually, what a waste
    of time. I thought technology tools were supposed to make things easier, obviously not!

SteveHickin, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Distribution List/Contact Group in Windows 10 People

The situation is that Windows 10 Mail does not support distribution lists or group mailing. Outlook.com does, so they can be created there, not very simple, Select People and then in the NEW drop down menu select Contact List.

Any Contact list in Outlook.com will not synch into the People app in Windows 10, so can only be used in outlook.com web mail.

If you want List support on your computer you must install a Microsoft Office package that includes an email app, OR install Emclient (free version), this will allow Distribution List creation that will synch to outlook.com or gmail or email app on your
    mobile phone. To ensure that outlook.com does synch contacts with Emclient the outlook.com account must be set up as an exchange account. Simple really, when setting up a new account select the exchange option and enter your email address and password, the
    account will then set itself up.

Hope this clarifies for you.

Davmax1589, Jul 29, 2018
  4. ECRCSR Win User

People Group- Distribution Lists

Distribution List/Contact Group in Windows 10 People

Does Microsoft even look at this website or the Hub? I just went to the Hub and upvoted on relevant issues that had been logged. I searched "groups for email", "distribution lists for email", "people groups" and "contact groups". Any that showed up in
    different searches were already upvoted, so those numbers aren't included in what I found. I didn't include Skype issues or tile groups.

Just in this small selection of wording searches, there were over 90 issues with over 26.200 people requesting the ability to set up groups. What's the point of trying to talk to Microsoft?????

ECRCSR, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

People Group- Distribution Lists

1. People Group- Distribution Lists - Similar Threads - Group Distribution Lists

2. Distribution Groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distribution Groups: Hi,Got Exchange 365,and distribution groups that are: On-premises & in cloudHow to clean distribution groups both type from deleted accounts, and disabled users?Thanks, Gil....
  3. Distribution Groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distribution Groups: Hi,Got Exchange 365,and distribution groups that are: On-premises & in cloudHow to clean distribution groups both type from deleted accounts, and disabled users?Thanks, Gil....
  4. Distribution list in email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Distribution list in email: When I had outlook and outlook express I could build a distribution list to mail a mass email to select people. I cannot find a way using the People app or the windows app in Microsoft Windows 10 Can you assist with this??/...
  5. creating distribution lists in Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    creating distribution lists in Windows 10 Mail: I was searching for help with creating email distribution lists in Windows 10 Mail, and what I was pointed to was a thread that was started in 2015 or 2016 --- I can't believe you haven't fixed this yet! Do you have a solution yet?...
  6. eM Client Email Distribution Lists

in Browsers and Email
    eM Client Email Distribution Lists: I recently started to use the eM Client email app for my Gmail. Works well most of the time. Finally discovered how to create Distribution Lists but have not been able to find a way to edit them or to delete them. Any help would be appreciated. 161459
  7. Windows Game Bar - Looking For Group (Beta) - Random People Listed - Do I Know These People?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Game Bar - Looking For Group (Beta) - Random People Listed - Do I Know These People?: Hey guys, I just loaded a game and Windows Game Bar popped up. I haven't had this feature pop up before so it must have been enabled in some update. Anyway in a tile called 'Looking For Group (Beta)' Theres 2 people playing the same game. I don't know who these are and I...
  8. Create a group in the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a group in the People App: How do you create a group in the People App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-group-in-the-people-app/6df5c255-c513-4d05-9682-31c049b5d44f
  9. Expand distribution lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand distribution lists in Windows 10: In my previous version of Windows, if I needed to delete a name or two from a distribution list I could hit the little + sign and it would expand the list allowing me to selectively delete names. In Windows 10, the little + sign is gone - how do I do this without having to...
  10. People listed in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People listed in taskbar: Some contacts appear under the People in the taskbar. How to remove the names of people no longer in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-listed-in-taskbar/ead9bf77-8e45-4534-afa6-103da0c715ad