Windows 10: PerfMon over a long time range?

Discus and support PerfMon over a long time range? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I was hit with a question from a client and I didn't know the answer. They wanted to do some testing on a server we host, Server Standard 2016 x64.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DeaconFrost, Feb 13, 2018.

1. PerfMon over a long time range?

So, I was hit with a question from a client and I didn't know the answer. They wanted to do some testing on a server we host, Server Standard 2016 x64. They asked if we could use Perfmon to output a file using the System Performance report....but over a six week period. I've used Perfmon before, plenty of times, but I have no idea how to output the results to a file, or have it run for 6 weeks (even allowing for reboots).

Anyone know how to do this? I have admin rights to the server.

:)

DeaconFrost, Feb 13, 2018
  2. WayneRupp Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing on my PC.

This is my Perfmon Report...just for comparison.

L: file:///C:/Users/userw/Desktop/Perfmon%20Report.html

Wayne...shutting down. Above link didn't work

WayneRupp, Feb 13, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Windows10 laptop freezes

Right click your start button and select Run.

Type the following.

perfmon /report

Space between the perfmon and /report

Let that run and see if there is any errors in the report.

Because this issue is very vague and this will hopefully pinpoint it a little more.

SarahKong, Feb 13, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

PerfMon over a long time range?

You can save PerfMon data to a log file. But such files can be quite large, especially if the Data Collector Set(s) collected have lots of counters captured in them. There's a tutorial on "Setting up Perfmon Logs" that's probably worth checking out. There's also an option for your customers to create a binary circular log file (which allocates a fixed amount of log space, and then starts over-writing at the beginning when that space is filled. Unless your customers can drop in a HUGE drive (4TB or larger) and dedicate the whole thing to log data, my guess is that there's no way to store everything over that long a time period. Some experimentation will be required. I can ask for more input from the Windows Server MVPs (the most likely group to know this kind of stuff in detail) if you'd like me to.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 13, 2018
Thema:

PerfMon over a long time range?

1. PerfMon over a long time range? - Similar Threads - PerfMon long range

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. perfmon /report bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    perfmon /report bug: Anyone know if Microsoft is aware of perfmon /report never completing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/perfmon-report-bug/3543d1ac-f5a2-4ae6-a4b3-3c3d8ecff1d6
  4. Is this normal? Perfmon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? Perfmon: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lt38lc/is_this_normal_perfmon/
  5. Help with perfmon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with perfmon: Question for any performance monitor pros. I have a workstation where %committed bytes increases 27% over 14 hr period. This equates to approx 4.5gb of VM on a 8GB RAM system. Commit limit was at 17.6GB at the time. Nothing is adding up to the 4.5gb increase. I checked priv...
  6. Print Calendar time range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Calendar time range: Hello, Is there a way to change the hours which print when trying to print a calendar by day? I can only seem to print between 8 am to 6pm, and my days last longer than 6pm. Thank you, Walton...
  7. perfmon /report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    perfmon /report: High average interrupts / processor. This machine has 4 processors and 5 network cards. Total Interrupts/sec on the machine is 33808. The average interrupts per processor per sec is 8452...
  8. The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing: I've run this command many times without issue, but now after just a few seconds I get this error message: [img] How can I resolve this? TIA 132832
  9. Long Time to Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Time to Connect: I recently upgraded one of my laptops from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. Ever since then it has been taking a much longer time for the laptop to connect to either of my home networks (two different homes). This is with either WiFi or Ethernet. When it was running Win7 it would...
  10. Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.: New Dell Inspiron w/Windows 10 Home. Tried perfmon /report but received Error. Timed out. Tried sfc /scannow but no errors found. Changed SERVICES settings in "Performance Logs & Alerts" to Automatic from Manual and in "Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel" to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. running perfmon over a long period