Windows 10: Perform a clean install on a disk that has a data partition?

Discus and support Perform a clean install on a disk that has a data partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been considering shrinking my one disk (disk 0) to create another volume, a data partition, but I'm still not clear what happens in the event that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Whatrymes, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Whatrymes Win User

Perform a clean install on a disk that has a data partition?

I've been considering shrinking my one disk (disk 0) to create another volume, a data partition, but I'm still not clear what happens in the event that I want to refresh, reset or clean install Windows 10 in the future. Would the data partition remain or, as I thought I read, Windows will format the entire disk?

Thanks,
    Ed

:)

Whatrymes, Aug 19, 2015
  2. No Not Win User

Is there a way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a computer that originally shipped with Windows 10 Home?

I am confused. At the start of this thread you wrote that you purchased an upgrade to pro. Did you not receive a product key with that purchase?

No Not, Aug 19, 2015
  3. LindaBCC Win User
    Is there a way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a computer that originally shipped with Windows 10 Home?

My problem would continue to be that I don't have a valid Windows 10 Pro product key. The upgrade was tied directly to the hardware id, hence "Windows 10 on this device is activated with a digital entitlement."

I too wish Microsoft support wasn't technically accurate and utterly useless.

LindaBCC, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

As far as I can tell, you can decide to format the entire disk, but you can also use a partition

Harpert, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Perform a clean install on a disk that has a data partition? - Similar Threads - Perform clean install

2. cleaning a partition not a disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cleaning a partition not a disk: I do not want to clean all the disk cause it is divided into 3 partitions and I need to use the first partition only for windows and keep the data on the other two partitions, so what should I do?...
  3. cleaning a partition not a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cleaning a partition not a disk: I do not want to clean all the disk cause it is divided into 3 partitions and I need to use the first partition only for windows and keep the data on the other two partitions, so what should I do?...
  4. cleaning a partition not a disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.: Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk Manager showed the wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. Do you have any comments? My Windows 10 Version: 21H1...
  6. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.: Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk Manager showed the wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. Do you have any comments? My Windows 10 Version: 21H1...
  7. Clean Install - Partitions

Clean Install - Partitions: Hello Forum, I attempted to clean install Win 10 Pro v1909 from ISO on a DVD. I simply clicked on the ISO setup file, and let the system do its thing. Typically, I end up doing these clean installs several times for various reasons. This was my first attempt at a clean...
  8. Clean Install 2004 Has New Partition Order

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install 2004 Has New Partition Order: I just noticed on both my platforms that were given clean installs of 2004 using the MCT that the partition order that's been consistent since 1511 has now changed and the naming is slightly different. Not that it really affects anything, but has anybody heard why or have a...
  9. Clean Windows 10 Install & Disk Partitions

Clean Windows 10 Install & Disk Partitions: Hello Two desktop computers each running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I tried to copy an image of the source C: drive to the target C: drive and ran into issues and, I think, in the process messed up the source drive partition table. So I tried to do a clean install of Windows...
  10. HDD has six partitions after clean install

HDD has six partitions after clean install: After a clean install of the 10240 build I ended up w/six partitions on my HDD. It appears 3 and 5 are just taking up space. I deleted all the partitions as part of the install, but did not format the drive. Initially the clean install would not activate but a reset cured...