Windows 10: Performance monitor processor time question

Discus and support Performance monitor processor time question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There are a couple of processes I am monitoring in Performance Monitor, one indicates an average of 23.4% and the other 13.5%. Yet in Task Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Performance monitor processor time question

There are a couple of processes I am monitoring in Performance Monitor, one indicates an average of 23.4% and the other 13.5%. Yet in Task Manager those two processed appear to be using 4-5% and 2-3%. Total processor time averages at 8.3% so why are those two particular reading so high? They spike high on the graph to.

:)

Kol12, Jan 4, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

PC seems to be using just one core

This probably has something to do with the power plan on your system.

Go to Control Panel - Power Options see if the manufacturer of your system has set the power plan to one of their settings.

Ideally, the power plan to use is 'Balanced' this will allow your processor to use Speed Stepping and Turbo Boost (which will allow your processor to boost to about 3.2GHz)

If you use processor intensive apps all the time, set the power plan to 'High Performance', however this will cause your processor to run at max speed all the time . . . not a good idea!

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Jan 4, 2018
  3. How to run Microsoft Edge with high-performance graphics processor?

I did what you instructed.

The result is still the same thing. 2nd monitor isn't displaying anything.

I would like to have my 2nd monitor back.

This is on Windows 10 Pro, if it helps.

Still waiting on Microsoft Edge to support running with high-performance graphics processor.

tom_mai78101, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

Performance monitor processor time question

1. Performance monitor processor time question - Similar Threads - Performance monitor processor

2. About Processor Performance Boost.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Processor Performance Boost.: So i enabled PPB from a the Registry Editor because i was facing high temps while playing God Of War on ultra. I was touch 100 degrees on its default setting which was "aggressive" on both battery and plugged in. After disabling it i now get 60-75 degrees which is pretty...
  3. About Processor Performance Boost.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Processor Performance Boost.: So i enabled PPB from a the Registry Editor because i was facing high temps while playing God Of War on ultra. I was touch 100 degrees on its default setting which was "aggressive" on both battery and plugged in. After disabling it i now get 60-75 degrees which is pretty...
  4. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...: Hi, I need some dire help as this issue is happening regularly with my laptop, irrespective of the Windows 10 version. Sometimes once in a while, my PC gets totally slow, apps load very slower than usual, games load after 10x the normal time with a fraction of the normal FPS,...
  5. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...: Hi, I need some dire help as this issue is happening regularly with my laptop, irrespective of the Windows 10 version. Sometimes once in a while, my PC gets totally slow, apps load very slower than usual, games load after 10x the normal time with a fraction of the normal FPS,...
  6. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Performance Monitor incorrect processor time percentages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Monitor incorrect processor time percentages: I'm monitoring a couple of processes in Performance Monitor and the processor time percentages are higher than what Task Manager reports. For example iCUE doesn't ever use 59% CPU, it averages around 1-2% in Task Manager. How do I set up Performance Monitor to display...
  8. Performace Monitor incorrect processor time percentages.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performace Monitor incorrect processor time percentages.: I'm monitoring a couple of processes in Performance Monitor and the processor time percentages are higher than what Task Manager reports. For example iCUE doesn't ever use 59% CPU, it averages around 1-2% in Task Manager. How do I set up Performance Monitor to display...
  9. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings? Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  10. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings?...