Windows 10: Performance Monitor

Discus and support Performance Monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not overly important but, I just noticed, in Build 9901, I can't minimize the Performance Monitor (Summary View) to the task bar by clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edwin, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Performance Monitor

Not overly important but, I just noticed, in Build 9901, I can't minimize the Performance Monitor (Summary View) to the task bar by clicking on the task bar icon!
    Could just be a glitch, but...
    Anyone experience the same in other Builds?

Performance Monitor [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Dec 23, 2014

2. Performance monitor

I tried to create a data collector set for performance monitor. But even when I have opened the programs using "Run as Administrator" and from an administrator account, it still gives an error
    Performance Monitor [​IMG]

adityaneer, Dec 23, 2014
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Performance monitor

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we suggest posting your query on Microsoft TechNet. Please click

here
    to be connected with TechNet forum.

Thanks.

Paola Gar, Dec 23, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Performance Monitor

I'll give that a try when I log onto Win10 9798 later today.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 23, 2014
  5. Mystere Win User
    Not a glitch or a bug. It does the same thing in Windows 8. (it's not "Performance Monitor", btw.. it's Task Manager in Summary View)

It's a.. shall we say quirk in the way Windows deals with top-level windows. When you engage summary view, the window becomes a "tool window" and no longer has a titlebar, minimize, maximize, etc.. gadgets. Because of this, the Minimize function is gone from the window manager (you can't minimize it, even by doing alt-space or other functions).

Mystere, Dec 24, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Fair enough, thanks for the info! *Smile

Edwin, Dec 24, 2014
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Fair enough, thanks for the info! *Smile I just tried this (9879) and it does minimize fine from summary view and detail view. So does the Resource Monitor invoked from Performance. Maybe cause the Ravens just won and are going to the Playoffs!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Oops! I was not in summary mode, you all are correct. My mistake.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Performance Monitor

1. Performance Monitor - Similar Threads - Performance Monitor

2. Performance Monitor Win10 : System Diagnostics report is just the same as System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance Monitor Win10 : System Diagnostics report is just the same as System...: Using Windows 10 Home 64bit, version 10.0.19045.4046At admin prompt, start Performance Monitor with "perfmon"Select "Data Collector Sets : System : System Diagnostics"Select "Start", wait a couple of minutes for it to completeSelect "Latest Report". An item appears under...
  3. Performance Monitor Win10 : System Diagnostics report is just the same as System...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance Monitor Win10 : System Diagnostics report is just the same as System...: Using Windows 10 Home 64bit, version 10.0.19045.4046At admin prompt, start Performance Monitor with "perfmon"Select "Data Collector Sets : System : System Diagnostics"Select "Start", wait a couple of minutes for it to completeSelect "Latest Report". An item appears under...
  4. Performance Monitor Win10 : System Diagnostics report is just the same as System...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Performance monitor Hardware Device and Driver Checks massive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance monitor Hardware Device and Driver Checks massive error: I ran the performance monitor report tool and got some shocking results. Many hardware device failures . I cannot understand them that why included the pictures . Can someone help ? Image attached...
  6. Performance monitor Hardware Device and Driver Checks massive error

Performance monitor Hardware Device and Driver Checks massive error: I ran the performance monitor report tool and got some shocking results. Many hardware device failures . I cannot understand them that why included the pictures . Can someone help ? Image attached...
  7. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  8. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  9. Using 2 monitors for youtube and games decreases performance, but using one monitor works fine

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 2 monitors for youtube and games decreases performance, but using one monitor works fine: I have read online that using 2 monitors shouldn't decrease performance much. However, on my computer, it does (as you can see from the title) I know that it isn't an issue of not having powerful enough hardware, since running the game and youtube on the same screen doesn't...
  10. No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor

No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor: Hi, I'm looking for advice. I need to generate a weekly report on processor & physical memory usage on Windows 10. I tried Performance Monitor but can't see any option to monitor physical memory usage. When I added "Memory" to the counters, it still didn't show physical...