Windows 10: Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

Discus and support Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by smerling, Dec 2, 2015.

1. smerling Win User

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

:)

smerling, Dec 2, 2015
  2. greenhart Win User

Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

I found yet another way, nice and simples...

"If chrome is on your taskbar unpin it and then open start menu and drag chrome to your desktop, then open chrome and it will place an icon on your taskbar, then pin that icon to your taskbar and then delete the icon on your desktop, problem solved for me."

greenhart, Dec 2, 2015
  3. HoanCu Win User
    Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Hi,

Follow these simple steps:

1. Open Chrome

2. After having 2 Chrome icon, Unpin the icon that's not open

3. Right click the other, choose pin from taskbar

Next time you click Chrome it won't appear 2 icon on the taskbar.

Hopefully it works for you.

Dears

HoanCu, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

1. Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Performance Pinned Chrome

2. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar: Hi All,My User Pinned Taskbar Icons present in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar are NOT appearing in my Taskbar. Please help...
  3. Cannot Pin Second Account-Specific Chrome Icon to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Pin Second Account-Specific Chrome Icon to Taskbar: I am having a problem trying to pin multiple account-specific chrome shortcuts to my taskbar in Windows 11.I have gone through the steps of going to "Customize my Chrome Profile" and making sure the "Create desktop shortcut" is turned on see Screenshot 1 below. With this...
  4. Cannot Pin Second Account-Specific Chrome Icon to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Pin Second Account-Specific Chrome Icon to Taskbar: I am having a problem trying to pin multiple account-specific chrome shortcuts to my taskbar in Windows 11.I have gone through the steps of going to "Customize my Chrome Profile" and making sure the "Create desktop shortcut" is turned on see Screenshot 1 below. With this...
  5. Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon on Taskbar -- Changed Performance: Windows 10 Home -- 21H1. There is a speaker icon on the right hand side of my task bar, just left of where the time appears. Task bar is at bottom of screen. Since yesterday the performance of the speaker icon has changed. Previously, if I wanted to adjust the sound, I would...
  6. Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?: I have a bunch of websites "saved as shortcuts" from Chrome, and pinned to taskbar. But I would like to customize the taskbar icons, e.g., to distinguish Outlook Mail from Calendar:...
  7. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  8. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  9. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  10. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...