Windows 10: Performance: Play animations in Windows

Discus and support Performance: Play animations in Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I just want to share a nice Perfamnce increase. Disabling "Play animations in Windows" give a huge jump in performance. It can be found under PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Adalwar, May 31, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Performance: Play animations in Windows

Hi,
    I just want to share a nice Perfamnce increase.
    Disabling "Play animations in Windows" give a huge jump in performance.
    It can be found under PC Settings > Ease of Access > Other options.

:)

Adalwar, May 31, 2016
  2. Isabel La Win User

How Come When I Want to Play Videos on Some Certain Websites, I Can't on Windows 10?

Since I updated from Windows eight to windows 10, I cannot watch my beloved anime anymore. I go to websites like anime-update.com and fairytail.com but both of them won't work because it won't play on either. On anime update, it won't even play, on fairy
    taily, there is a little x on the top left corner. I do not understand. What is weird is that YouTube still works....does anyone have any solutions?
    Please help....

Isabel La, May 31, 2016
  3. System Advanced Performance Options are cancelled/reset when log-out from user account

I see that there is a whole list of long lasting operations (all DISM operations take a lot of time) I'm invited to do. But I performed only «sfc» step. On Windows 7/8.1/10 I used to use only one system account and animation disable worked but now I have
    two system accounts (admin & user) and I have problems with animation disabling.

Reproduction steps:

• Perform clean Windows 10 AU installation
    • Create two accounts: Admin and User
    • Disable animation in both of them (System Settings → Performance → Optimize performance)
    • Restart the OS
    • You'll see that the animation is enabled even after log in procedure
    • Check the settings (System Settings → Performance → Optimize performance) it will be different from the «Optimize performance» preset.

Why I disable it? I don't like the animation, it's disturbing and absolutely useless for me.

Although my laptop has 8Gb RAM, I always disable animations.

P.S. Unfortunatly, I have no free time to perform the entire QA procedures for Microsoft. Hope, MSFT can afford to arrange the proper QA department (besides Windows Insiders program).

Mike B. IL, May 31, 2016
Thema:

Performance: Play animations in Windows

1. Performance: Play animations in Windows - Similar Threads - Performance Play animations

2. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  3. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  4. the windows animation is slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the windows animation is slow: i recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11. i met all the requirements i have 4gigs of ram and 256 gigs of ssd. whenever i open start menu the animation looks very slow very low frame rate. the same happens when i maximise or open a minimised application. sometimes the...
  5. No animations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No animations: Randomly there's been no animations on some stuff. In my browser instead of gliding down when I go down on my scroll wheel it teleports down. When I pull up the taskbar it just appears, when I press the window key start just appears. And when I drag windows it drags a red...
  6. Windows animation lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows animation lagging: This all problem i started observing when i though to update my kali linux wsl to WSL 2 and to do that enabling virtualization from bios and also need to enable a windows feature " virtual machine platform " but after enabling the virtual machine platform and rebooted my...
  7. Changing windows boot animation to custom animation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing windows boot animation to custom animation: [ATTACH] So I'm trying to change my windows boot animation to my own gif file, and I found a boot updater but that was for windows 7. I will attach the gif files so you guys can check it out Sam.T Thanks https://i.redd.it/8dr289e3kv951.gif submitted by...
  8. Animations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Animations: Hi, sorry for my english, I accidentally turn off some Windows animations with AMD GPU Booster, now when I move cursor to already open apps on TaskBar, they don't pop up like before, like Chrome, tabs, Groove Music(next, prev, pause), nothing. How can I turn that on, i tried...
  9. Video not playing (anime gogo tv)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video not playing (anime gogo tv): I was watching a series on this app, I've finished episode 12 and I went to go watch episode 13 but it doesn't load the video. I tried watching another episode after 13 but it didn't work either, episodes 1-12 all play. Is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Fall Creators Update poor Windows animation performance regression

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update poor Windows animation performance regression: Hi, another Windows update and yet another performance regression. With first Creators update, folders with large amount of pictures took very long to open and scrolling performance was terrible, and now with Fall Creators update, I am experiencing very laggy and stuttery...