Windows 10: Performance Report lost events

Discus and support Performance Report lost events in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Following Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81, I noticed that every time I run "perfmon /report", to get a Performance report,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ddelo, May 24, 2018.

1. ddelo Win User

Performance Report lost events

Following Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81, I noticed that every time I run "perfmon /report", to get a Performance report, I get the following error:

Investigate why pp% (x,xxx) events were lost during data collection. The settings for Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) maximum buffers and buffer size may not be optimal depending on which data sets are being collected.

This percentage (and the number of events) keeps going up on every run.

Tracing the error, I found that in the dependencies of the “Windows Event Log” Service there is a dependency on “Microsoft App-V Client”.

Performance Report lost events [​IMG]

The “Microsoft App-V Client”, as correctly stated in the Restore Default Services in Windows 10 tutorial is set by default to “Disabled”.

If you change the Startup type of the “Microsoft App-V Client” from the default “Disable” to “Manual” (and reboot), the above error in the Performance Monitor reports disappears.

Hope to help someone! *Smile

:)

ddelo, May 24, 2018
  2. nancy3243 Win User

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, May 25, 2018
  3. ElceeT Win User
    Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Performance Report lost events

1. Performance Report lost events - Similar Threads - Performance Report lost

2. Regarding Perform /Report command in Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Perform /Report command in Run: Hello, I Have this problem where when i tried to test my laptops performance and i searched in google and i found Perform /Report but when i tried it its stuck collecting data, Here's it after 60 secondsI already tried the Sfc /Scannow maybe i need to try the dism command but...
  3. Regarding Perform /Report command in Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Perform /Report command in Run: Hello, I Have this problem where when i tried to test my laptops performance and i searched in google and i found Perform /Report but when i tried it its stuck collecting data, Here's it after 60 secondsI already tried the Sfc /Scannow maybe i need to try the dism command but...
  4. Windows reported lost/stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reported lost/stolen: I recently purchased a computer and I'm getting an error that this computer has been reported stolen, I dont know what would be the best fix for this, I dont want to waste the money I spent on purchasing that computer....
  5. Windows reported lost/stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reported lost/stolen: I recently purchased a computer and I'm getting an error that this computer has been reported stolen, I dont know what would be the best fix for this, I dont want to waste the money I spent on purchasing that computer....
  6. Performance monitor & report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance monitor & report: When I run PERFMON /REPORT the message 'getting information for one minute' appears. An hour or more later it is still there - nothing happens though the icon in th message does revolve....
  7. Wlan Report - No Events

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wlan Report - No Events: Hi, I use an administrator cmd netsh wlan show wlanreport to generate a Wlan Report. However, the report shows "No events ..." ... attached. I connect to my wireless modem every day, and shutdown my computer when not in use. Please advise, thanks! Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Errors Reported in Event Viewer

Errors Reported in Event Viewer: Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18363 build 18363 Login - Dropbox Errors reported in Even Viewer 455 Logging Recovery 2004 None 10023 None Details Log Name: ApplicationSource: ESENTDate: 4/29/2020 2:55:55 PMEvent ID: 455Task Category: Logging/RecoveryLevel: ErrorKeywords:...
  9. Performance Monitor Report

Performance Monitor Report: I recently generated system health report for my Windows PC using perfmon /report . I have two errors under System Service Checks option. I manually tried to relaunch the services. I couldn't fix it. I haven't come across these kind of errors before. I have posted the pics...
  10. RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 reports in event viewer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 reports in event viewer.: Hi. Everytime i am opening some application which is fine and opening. But on event viewer i get : RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 error. Application is opening fine but windows 10 reporting this as RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64. Where is the problem? [img] Applications runs fine and no...
Tags: