Windows 10: periodic Non- System disk error when computer wakes from sleep mode

Discus and support periodic Non- System disk error when computer wakes from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 on my HP z210. Everything seems to work after some driver updates, but occasionally when I have put the computer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dephelps, Sep 25, 2016.

1. dephelps Win User

periodic Non- System disk error when computer wakes from sleep mode

I recently installed windows 10 on my HP z210. Everything seems to work after some driver updates, but occasionally when I have put the computer in sleep mode, I return to see it awake displaying the "non-system disk error" screen. It wont go past this, but when I power off it boots normally. My boot sequence is correct, and no removable media is present. I do have an SSD system disk and a regular hard drive for backups. Various drive utilities tell me that my SSD is healthy, and it is less than 1 year old. Any ideas on what could be causing this. or if it could be indicative of some kind of pending drive failure?

Thanks!

:)

dephelps, Sep 25, 2016
  2. Casey1017 Win User

The "D" drive goes away after my computer goes to sleep for the night

When i go to sleep i put my computer to sleep but when it wakes up the d drive goes away. It does not do it when i put it to sleep for short period just from long periods I've set of "turn off disk after 0 minutes" in power options.

Casey1017, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Nashsafc Win User
    My Windows 10 computer won't go to sleep, the computer would sleep during windows 7 install build

When i schedule a sleep for the computer after the monitor switches off, the computer never enters sleep mode, it will sleep only if i manually initiate it to start sleep mode, interestingly sometimes when i deliberate sleep mode the computer will wake itself
    autonomously after a few minutes or an hour.

I have gone into device manager and unticked for all mouse and keyboard devices "allow this device to wake the computer". I have disabled tasks in task scheduler from running every time period, they are scheduled to run at a specific time in the day only.

The background applications that I have running are: "System Explorer" "One Drive" "Fraps" "AsusAudioCenter" "Adobe Acrobat Update Service" "Nvidia Backend, Capture Server, Geforce ExperienceService, Network Service, Network Stream Service, Performance Service,
    Settings , Streamer" "MSI_SuperCharger" "TecknetM008 (Mouse driver)"

I've tried the computer in safe mode and the computer will go to sleep when it's scheduled to. I'm not sharing the media on my computer with any other devices, I have configured power options to allow sleep to initialize at all costs, with options "allow
    computer to sleep", disabled wake timers, I have USB selective suspend turned on.

My other question is could there be a script that's running on the computer preventing it from initiating sleep mode?

Nashsafc, Sep 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is not a SSD issue. Something is causing this problem when it is in S3 state. You can go into a Command Window and pull the last sleep report with powercfg. Otherwise, try rolling back to previous Restore point and see if that solves it.

If you have the HP toys still on the computer, I would suggest going to microsoft.com and download the Windows 10 AU ISO and burn to a DVD. Then use that to do a clean install with none of the HP garbage installed.

bro67, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

1. periodic Non- System disk error when computer wakes from sleep mode - Similar Threads - periodic Non System

2. Screen or the System Freezes When wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen or the System Freezes When wakes up from sleep mode: So almost few weeks ago my close one broke my 2 monitor and i was stuck with my 3rd Baddest monitor. Then I plugged in the second tv in my house and I was playing untill I saw something wrong I host Minecraft server on my computer to play with friends and goes afk sometimes...
  3. Screen or the System Freezes When wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen or the System Freezes When wakes up from sleep mode: So almost few weeks ago my close one broke my 2 monitor and i was stuck with my 3rd Baddest monitor. Then I plugged in the second tv in my house and I was playing untill I saw something wrong I host Minecraft server on my computer to play with friends and goes afk sometimes...
  4. Screen or the System Freezes When wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  6. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  7. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Blue screen error when computer wakes up from sleep after a longer period

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error when computer wakes up from sleep after a longer period: Hello,I have been experiencing a blue screen error whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep after an extended period. It does not happen if I open the lid and wake up immediately, but will if I leave it longer ?hours. It will restart and seems to be running fine after until the...
  9. Blue screen error when computer wakes up from sleep after a longer period

Blue screen error when computer wakes up from sleep after a longer period: Hello,I have been experiencing a blue screen error whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep after an extended period. It does not happen if I open the lid and wake up immediately, but will if I leave it longer ?hours. It will restart and seems to be running fine after until the...
  10. Airplane Mode Is On When Computer Wakes Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Is On When Computer Wakes Up From Sleep: Hi, I am on 10565 Pro version though this occured in last build too. Whenever I come back to my pc in the morning after putting it in hibernate mode for the night my airplane mode is always on. I notice it first by my bluetooth mouse being disconnected and then wifi...