Windows 10: Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters

Discus and support Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys! I have been having issues with my wireless network adapters since upgrading to Windows 10 earlier this spring. What I've noticed is that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Glitch404, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Glitch404 Win User

Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters

Hi guys!

I have been having issues with my wireless network adapters since upgrading to Windows 10 earlier this spring. What I've noticed is that I consistently get periodic ping spikes (~3k ms) at regular intervals, which means I'm essentially unable to play any online games (specifically CS:GO and DOTA2) on my desktop. A wired connection is not an option for me, as the socket is too far away from my room.

Initially I was able to stabilize my wireless connection by reverting to an older driver for my Netgear wireless dongle. This changed after the Windows 10 anniversary update (was that the name of the new update...?) and I'm back to getting periodic ping spikes again.

I've tested both of my wifi dongles on my laptop and I get a consistent connection with no spikes during those tests, meaning that the issue shouldn't be with the dongles.

I've done a lot of googling to try and find a fix but nobody seems to have the exact same issue that I have and I'm honestly desperate at this point. I've updated drivers, so the problem shouldn't be there. Could the problem perhaps be in power supply?

My computer specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
    Memory: 10 GB RAM
    Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger
    Network Adapter: Netgear A6100 wifi dongle
    Asus EZ N802.11b/g/n wifi dongle

Also my router is the Netgear R6100 (dual band).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Glitch404, Aug 18, 2016

2. Problems with WiFi

Hello!

My problem is that my WiFi randomly goes limited and all my internet applications disconnect. I have tested to ping www.google.com and my default gateway via cmd and the results show that I sometimes have ping spikes (>2000 ms) to my router or it says "Request
    timed out."

I've tried to switch the network channel but that didn't help. There's literally no other wifi networks in my area to interfere with my wireless adapter. The wireless drivers are up to date according to device manager. What can be done to resolve these problems
    between my PC and the router?

PS. No other PCs on the same network have these kind of issues.

Turkka Häkkinen, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Tillr Win User
    Messed with registry, can't find network to connect to now

So, background of the story is I have an Intel wifi adapter, and I was getting constant ping spikes. I went to do searches online to find a solution, and after trying some things, I came to a post which said to basically add ScanWhenAssociated to the registry
    and set it to 0. I restarted, and now I found out now I can't even find a connection to connect to, and I don't know what to do. Any solutions to this or am I screwed?

Edit: Since I likely won't get help anytime soon, the only solution I came up with was resetting the PC(not the full reset) which solved one of the issues. Still no permanent solution for the wireless adapter causing ping spikes on the computer.

Tillr, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters

1. Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters - Similar Threads - Periodic ping spikes

2. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: HelloI have lag spikes every 10-20 seconds over a Wi-Fi connection only. When I connect over Ethernet, the lag disappears. I've been trying to solve this for over 3 months now but with no success. I'm running Windows 11 on an Asus ROG G513IC laptop. I tried everything from...
  3. ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ping spikes: I installed windows 11 yesterday and now i get these very annoying ping lag spikes like every 1-3 min. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ping-spikes/22c87bb4-0cad-4998-af04-936a677ae27f
  4. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  5. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  6. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network Ping Spikes

Network Ping Spikes: Network ping spiking Occurs on all devices connected to the network I am suspecting it's the router considering its 3+ years old but i don't know [ATTACH][ATTACH] Sometimes the spike can be as bad as the image above, 3 request timed outs, during this time the internet is...
  8. Ping Spikes

Ping Spikes: Recently, I have discovered that I am receiving ping spikes from 200-1000 every 10 seconds or so when playing games, causing me to rubberband. However, I usually receive around 20ms in between ping spike intervals. I am using an ethernet cable that is connected 'Wi-fi...
  9. Ping Spikes

Ping Spikes: I'm having this issue where I'll have these 5-10 second long lag spikes that are so bad that I literally can't move otherwise I get teleported very far forward whichever direction I moved last. It can ruin online matches and has gotten me killed or has me stand still like a...
  10. Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes: Every time i play a game my ping always spikes all the way up to 1000+ MS when my average is around 80-100 when its not spiking anyone knows how to fix? Please ive been dealing with this problem for 3 Months now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ping spikes on wifi

2. periodic lag spikes on wifi

3. ping spike my wireless adapter old

4. network adapter ping spike and wont return