Windows 10: Permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode

Discus and support Permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have purchased two licenses of Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything works fine, except for one disturbing elements. I have an unsigned driver to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by H2SO4JB, Aug 12, 2015.

1. H2SO4JB Win User

Permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode

Hi!

I have purchased two licenses of Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything works fine, except for one disturbing elements.
    I have an unsigned driver to a program that I use every day, so I have to boot in the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode every time, for the program to work. Yes, I have activated the old fashioned F8 boot menu, which is disabled by default in Windows 10. This is no problem, but it seems impossible to get Windows 10 to boot in this mode as standard.

In Windows 7 I solved it easily with the programs "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" or "ReadyDriver Plus", but none of these programs seem to work in Windows 10.

So my question is simply, how do I configure Windows 10 so that my computer will boot in the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode PERMANENTLY? Alternatively, configure the boot setting so that the boot menu (F8) appears by default every time I boot, so I don't always need to be prepared to throw myself on the F8 key at every startup.

:)

H2SO4JB, Aug 12, 2015
  2. RichT2 Win User

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Cry me a river. I wish I hadn't mentioned Secure Boot now.... There are plenty of threads around describing how to permanently disable but it's not advised. Try searching "disable driver signature enforcement windows 10 permanently" or the event error
    description as I can't find the link in my history.

RichT2, Aug 12, 2015
  3. TDUK2018 Win User
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

There might be plenty of threads but unfortuantely they don't apply if you are running the latest version on Windows 10 (Creators update).

So, it looks like there is no permanent way of disabling driver signature enforcement.

If you scroll up and see the response from Edwin (the guy who actually modified the drivers) and he is also confirming the same behaviour for the latest version of Windows 10.

TDUK2018, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode

Do not turn off PC, just set it to sleep only. Can not think of anything else. *Redface

Not sure, if this applies to install only, but it is worth a shot.

rem Specifies how the system responds when a user tries to install device driver files that are not digitally signed / 00 - Ignore / 01 - Warn / 02 - Block
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing" /v "Policy" /t REG_BINARY /d "00" /f

TairikuOkami, Aug 12, 2015
  5. H2SO4JB Win User
    Yes, all problems associated with the start-up can be solved by never restart your computer. Permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode :)
    But there must be a setting/command to turn off the requirement of signed drivers.

The registry key that you refer to are already at 00, so that does not seem to affect this function.

H2SO4JB, Aug 13, 2015
  6. H2SO4JB Win User
    I have now found a pretty good solution. With the help of a third party software, now my computer ALWAYS boot to the F8 menu, and there wait until I manually select the mode "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".

If someone else wants to use the same solution, the software I use is "Winaero Tweaker", and can be downloaded for free.

If someone comes up with a solution that allows Windows to boot in this mode automatically, so I am grateful if you write in this thread. In the meantime, this solution works fine.

H2SO4JB, Aug 18, 2015
  7. starone Win User
    H2SO4JB

Halla,

Thanks for your solution! have been trying all day to find a solution to this....

Tack!

starone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode

1. Permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode - Similar Threads - Permanently boot Disable

2. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled: Hello. I had disabled Driver Signature Enforcement using the Command Prompt, but now i can't enable it no matter what i do.At the bottom right of my windows i still have the Test Mode watermark, and i know that Driver Signature Enforcement is not enabled, because multiple...
  3. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled: Hello. I had disabled Driver Signature Enforcement using the Command Prompt, but now i can't enable it no matter what i do.At the bottom right of my windows i still have the Test Mode watermark, and i know that Driver Signature Enforcement is not enabled, because multiple...
  4. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Does Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement Permanently Might Damage Windows?

Does Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement Permanently Might Damage Windows?: Sometimes, Driver Signature Enforcement might causes some issues while installing the drivers.So, I want to permanently disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows. Hopefully, it should not damage Windows....
  6. Permanently Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 11: Hi,I have windows 11 and for some reason Audio and Webcam drivers are not recognized saying it couldn't check driver signature when in fact they are.I've went into Recovery/Advanced Startup, selected option 7 to don't validate signatures and everything works fine.So I want to...
  7. Permanently Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 11: Hi,I have windows 11 and for some reason Audio and Webcam drivers are not recognized saying it couldn't check driver signature when in fact they are.I've went into Recovery/Advanced Startup, selected option 7 to don't validate signatures and everything works fine.So I want to...
  8. Cannot disable Driver Signature Enforcement

Cannot disable Driver Signature Enforcement: Hello, I am trying to disable driver signature enforcement, however I cannot do so. I've tried all the following methods. Using advanced boot option, the command prompt commands (bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on, bcdedit /set testsigning on) However, whenever I reboot...
  9. How to disable driver signature enforcement in windows 10 permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable driver signature enforcement in windows 10 permanently: I already tried different methods but none of them worked. i have to manually disabled every time i open my computer from startup setting and (7) disable driver signature enforcement. I tried: From command prompt: 1. bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on AND 2....
  10. Cannot disable driver signature enforcment

Cannot disable driver signature enforcment: hello i have windows 10 1607 Redstone 64Bit i want to install flashtool drivers to flash my android phone. at first i see it couldnt install so i googled a bit and found that i need to disable driver signature enforcment, so i found 2 solutions: 1_going to advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver signature enforcment overider win10