Windows 10: permanently delete a wireless network

Discus and support permanently delete a wireless network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I power up my laptop it connects to a network, that I don't have (xfinitywifi). I have deleted the profile, to no avail, I get to my network by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jonesy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. jonesy Win User

permanently delete a wireless network

When I power up my laptop it connects to a network, that I don't have (xfinitywifi). I have deleted the profile, to no avail, I get to my network by cycling my wireless. Its really annoying.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

jonesy, Nov 30, 2015

2. Can we hide networks we do not own

Hi,

As of now, deleting a network permanently from the available wireless networks list is not available. We suggest that you post a feedback using the Feedback Hub for this concern.

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Katrina Men, Nov 30, 2015
  3. No "Add" option in settings >> Wifi >> Advanced (Also can't detect networks)

Using an HTC Titan II

Wi-Fi networking is on and will search then display "No Networks Found" over and over again. I am in a location where I know there are multiple working wireless networks, and I have tried this at other locations with wireless networks also.

When I choose "advanced", there is no "add" option. All I see is "select" and "delete". I have one known network, which was at my permanent home (I live at college) and I detected it a few weeks ago.

The Wi-Fi also turns off after it goes to sleep and stops trying to detect networks.

Thanks

ForYourHealth, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 30, 2015
  5. jonesy Win User
    I tried option 1 and I cannot see the network there, option 2 gives me an error message that it can't find the network.

Bizarre eh?

jonesy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. permanently delete a wireless network - Similar Threads - permanently delete wireless

2. Permanently deleted network and laptop in windows s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently deleted network and laptop in windows s mode: Hello, i got a new laptop hp which had windows 11 s mode i tried a lot of ways to remove s mode including guides here but it was always try later or an error in our end. So i tried to downgrade to windows 10 and in the process i deleted the partitions that apparently had the...
  3. Permanently deleted network and laptop in windows s mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently deleted network and laptop in windows s mode: Hello, i got a new laptop hp which had windows 11 s mode i tried a lot of ways to remove s mode including guides here but it was always try later or an error in our end. So i tried to downgrade to windows 10 and in the process i deleted the partitions that apparently had the...
  4. My windows 10 permanently deleted my wireless network from my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows 10 permanently deleted my wireless network from my computer: So my wifi card was deleted from my computer even and I can’t get it back even though I have done everything I have found on the internet it just doesn’t appear no matter what...
  5. My windows 10 permanently deleted my wireless network from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 permanently deleted my wireless network from my computer: So my wifi card was deleted from my computer even and I can’t get it back even though I have done everything I have found on the internet it just doesn’t appear no matter what...
  6. My windows 10 permanently deleted my wireless network from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File on network computer permanently deletes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File on network computer permanently deletes: When I am working across the network and I delete a file on a network computer, it comes up with a message of do I want to permanently delete these files. It there anyway to get those files to delete to the Recycle Bin on the network computer?...
  8. Wireless network adapter gets deleted

Wireless network adapter gets deleted: Windows 10 keeps deleting wireless network adapter on my Asus X540LA. This issue gets me mad because I need to set up it again and again. Please is there any fix to set it up forever?...
  9. Can not delete fake wireless networks

Can not delete fake wireless networks: These are NOT local networks. Been here 10 years and have never had one pop up before. Now I have 13 in one night. They don't show up in control panel (even the ones I want don't show). If I uncheck start automatically the check box comes back. When I have wireless networks...
  10. Permanently Delete Networks in Available Networks

Permanently Delete Networks in Available Networks: I would like to permanently delete (not forget) networks that I set up and no longer use. I have Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on an Alienware 17 R3 laptop computer. The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical...