Windows 10: Permission error

Discus and support Permission error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Windows 10 Pro. Administrator. When trying to access the Windows\Temp folder, I receive the prompt informing me that, "You don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TQWorld, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TQWorld Win User

Permission error

Hi All,

Windows 10 Pro.
    Administrator.

When trying to access the Windows\Temp folder, I receive the prompt informing me that, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder."

I click the continue button and receive the error message, "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab."

I do just that.

Properties --> Security --> Advanced --> Continue

Creator Owner, Administrators and System all have Full Control. Users has 'special.' So I adjust Users to have Full control.

I receive the error: "An error occurred while applying security information to: C:\Windows\Temp. Failure to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied."

I click continue and get this error, "Unable to save permission changes on Temp. Access is denied."

Any thoughts/suggestions?

:)

TQWorld, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Nick_Adam Win User

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server

I keep getting these errors as well, and have tried granting permissions in registry, without any luck. Permissions are all there now, but the errors keep coming.

Nick_Adam, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Permissions Error

I have this problem as well, and my account is labeled as an Administrator. That said, I did a refresh on my PC after some crashes, with the Windows 8.1 utility. I can't open MS Word documents because of it. What else can be done?

MarioChávez, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Permission error

Same problem - I tried activating the hidden Administrator account , logged in to the Administrator account, and then was able to access windows/temp.

While logged in as Administrator, I tried to give my normal user id full control but when I logged back in as myself I still couldn't access the temp folder.

braincramp, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    Bazz, Aug 6, 2015
  6. TQWorld Win User
    TQWorld, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Bazz Win User
    Bazz, Aug 7, 2015
  8. TQWorld Win User

Permission error

TQWorld, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
  10. Bazz Win User
  11. One other note -

I can use the Administrator Command Prompt to access windows\temp and list and delete files while logged in under my regular account which has administrator rights.

I don't know why they made it more difficult to access the windows\temp folder in Windows 10.

braincramp, Aug 7, 2015
  12. I too am having this issue constantly.
    I have tried several techniques including the permissions reset feature of the Tweaking.com's Windows Repair and attempting to force via CMD using TAKEOWN and ICACLS.

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, I've had nothing but problems.

techiemoore, Oct 25, 2015
  13. Permission error

If you are using avast antivirus goto settings->Troubleshooting->Disable avast self defence module
    Then restart.
    Now you will be able to access temp folder

alexjohn25202, Nov 11, 2015
  14. Exactly. Have microsoft gone mad?
    How on earth do they expect 3rd world countries to be able to operate a computer?
    I have a brand new computer and new windows 10 and have spent so much time trying to get permission to do any thing. When I try, I just get errors.
    How can I go back to Windows 7?

SlartyBartfast, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Permission error

1. Permission error - Similar Threads - Permission error

2. Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user DESKTOP-OJS751Q\GENOS002 SID...
  3. Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user DESKTOP-OJS751Q\GENOS002 SID...
  4. Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  6. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  7. You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes error

in Windows 10 News
    You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes error: [IMG]The error message You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes is an issue Windows users face when trying to modify system files or settings that are protected by the Windows operating system. This message indicates that the user does not have the necessary...
  8. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.: Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application....
  9. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.: Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application....
  10. no permission incorrect error message for shared folder

no permission incorrect error message for shared folder: HiI have a weird issue with just one workstation on a domain network. A single folder in a share on the server is inaccessible despite it having the same permssions as all the other folders at the same level. I get a No Permission error. If I rename the folder on the server...