Windows 10: Permission Issues

Discus and support Permission Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 seems to have developed an issue for me that is causing UAC-like prompts suggesting that I need Administrator permission. I should probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystik, Jun 18, 2015.

1. mystik Win User

Permission Issues

Windows 10 seems to have developed an issue for me that is causing UAC-like prompts suggesting that I need Administrator permission. I should probably mention that I am actually using the real Administrator account (this was an upgrade installation from Windows 7). I had to change a setting...I forget what it was _exactly_, but it was named something like "Allow UAC for Admin". I highly suspect that setting change is related to my problems. As sad as it is (very poor memory), I can't remember the specifics on why I had to change the setting. What suggestion do you have for this case? I really want it to work like older versions of Windows in this regard. If I am using the Administrator account, I should not have to click anything extra (beyond a standard confirmation) or have any restrictions when trying to write to c:\ or such (for whatever reason).

:)

mystik, Jun 18, 2015

2. Permission Issues

I have tried these steps and within the user folder on my local disc every user has full control, however because the folder I am having trouble with is on another HDD the permissions will not cross over therefore I still do not have the permissions I want
    and cannot edit them. As you can see in the first picture the user folder has full access, The second picture however shows the folder permissions and that the user has not got full access.

Permission Issues [​IMG]

Permission Issues [​IMG]

OllieCharles, Jun 18, 2015
  3. Permission issue

Hi,

There maybe some reasons why your file is not saving like software conflict, incompatibility, corrupted file and such. For us to isolate the concern more precisely, please answer simple questions:

- Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

- Are you downloading a file from the internet?

- How do you usually save a file?

- file type.

- Screenshot of the Windows version. (Start > Settings > Devices > About)

- Exact error message or screenshot of the error message.

- What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far to rectify this concern?

For now, try saving the file on a different PC to check if it's a software or an isolated PC concern.

Check Accounts in Settings
    to make sure you are an administrator. (Start >
    Settings > Accounts >
    Change Account type)

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jun 18, 2015
  4. Fragment Win User

Permission Issues

Fragment, Jun 18, 2015
  5. the real Administrator account as in the built-in Administrator account?

If that's the case, try creating a new account in the Administrators group, as opposed to a standard user account). You can lower UAC, but don't disable it.

I've read a few posts where the Administrator (singular) doesn't play well with Win10 as a user. Not sure why.
    You really don't want to run your system all the time with the all and powerful account anyway. Many security professionals recommend using a standard account, having a 2nd user in the administrators group for those times you need to do a lot of maintenance that requires elevated privileges.

Slartybart, Jun 18, 2015
  6. mystik Win User
    I had not used ntlite/rt7lite/vlite/wintoolkit with Windows 7.

Yes, it is the real Administrator account. I had thought about creating a new account, but figured that would be a lot of trouble and require things to be set back up, reinstalled, etc. It's not that I am lazy in this case *Smile heh...just that I don't have a great deal of time to put towards that at the moment. Is there a good way to copy everything over from one user account to another?

mystik, Jun 19, 2015
  7. mystik Win User
    But, yes, I like running as Administrator all the time. I'm the only person who has access to the computer. So, it works well for me.

mystik, Jun 19, 2015
  8. Fragment Win User

Permission Issues

So did you try the solution in the link I provided?

Fragment, Jun 19, 2015
  9. mystik Win User
    Yes, that does actually work, but I just changed that setting recently for something else (I cannot remember at the moment). So, I suspect I am going to have to change it back whenever that pops back up. So, I was wondering if there's another route for it.

mystik, Jun 22, 2015
  10. Mahlady Win User
    Used this link and used the enable option...Still cannot save anything ...

Getting administrator prompts for everything and it keeps telling me denied.
    I am using the only account...the admin account....what should I do?

Mahlady, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Permission Issues

1. Permission Issues - Similar Threads - Permission Issues

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  3. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  4. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  5. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  6. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  8. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  9. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...
  10. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...