Windows 10: Permissions error (CLSID/APPID) since Anniversary Update

Discus and support Permissions error (CLSID/APPID) since Anniversary Update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys. I am seeing this error twice on every boot since upgrading (even a clean install doesn't clear it). Code: Log Name: System Source:... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sayjimwoo, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Sayjimwoo Win User

Permissions error (CLSID/APPID) since Anniversary Update

Hi guys. I am seeing this error twice on every boot since upgrading (even a clean install doesn't clear it).

Code: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 04/08/2016 02:03:45 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer: Chris Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} and APPID {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-04T01:03:45.289910000Z" /> <EventRecordID>3931</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="364" ThreadID="544" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>Chris</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data> <Data Name="param2">Local</Data> <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data> <Data Name="param4">{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}</Data> <Data Name="param5">{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}</Data> <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data> <Data Name="param7">LOCAL SERVICE</Data> <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-19</Data> <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data> <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data> <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote] Now I have had permission errors before and I know you go into the registry and gain full access to the CLSID/APPID and go to Component Services and DCOM config to customise.
    Now the data it is refering to is "ShellServiceHost" but what do I customise in there? All Local Activation boxes etc are ticked but the error still remains. Do I have to add anything (System etc) while customising then tick those boxes?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

:)

Sayjimwoo, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Yuri Nathan, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 error 10016 from Run-time broker - cannot change permissions

They locked down even more things with the Anniversary update. Can't definitively say that's what's wrong, but that's my speculation.

Nick Pequeno, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Permissions error (CLSID/APPID) since Anniversary Update

Same here. Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Anniversary Edition using the Media Creation Tool.

PTCruiserGT, Aug 4, 2016
  5. DarekWa Win User
    DarekWa, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Sayjimwoo, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Hi Sayjimwoo,

I think you are right to add "Local Service". But you only need to tick box "Local Activation" to solve the error.
    Doing more opens unneeded security weakness.

Best regards,

Gabuzomeuh, Aug 24, 2016
  8. shahramv Win User

I have the same issue but my security options are greyed out. Any sugestions?

Thank you

shahramv, Sep 1, 2016
  9. Hi shahramv,
    Did you read this Microsoft procedure ?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/899965
    I think you missed the regedit section that deals with action in the registry. This part is basic. Fundamentally, it will open the permissions to un-grey the tick-boxes in components services.
    First : identify the CLSID and AppID mentionned in your error message.
    Then come back here, if you're not able to follow Microsoft procedure by yoursels.

All the best,

Gabuzomeuh, Sep 2, 2016
  10. Grav Win User
    I followed the directions to the letter, options in dcom config for shellsvchost still not active. Tried it on another com error with a different id and got the same result.

11. grafcable Win User
    Same here. I added full control for my user account in the registry but it didn't help. Still not able to customize permissions

grafcable, Oct 4, 2016
  12. vampyren Win User
    I believe i'm following the guide correct as well but the security tab is still greyed for me. Include picture.

What am i doing wrong? *Sad

vampyren, Oct 27, 2016
  13. vampyren Win User

I think i have mixed things up, but i might have figured it out.
    Did this now and it works. Attaching pictures so others dont do my mistake.
    I have restarted and waited for a while and the error is gone from event log, usually it pops up after a reboot.
    @Gabuzomeuh:
    You are right, just ticking the box "Local Activation" solves the error.

Thanks all.

vampyren, Oct 27, 2016
  14. uhclem42 Win User
    I'm in the same spot as you were, I cannot change the security of these objects directly. What did you figure out?

uhclem42, Dec 23, 2016
  15. vampyren Win User
    Short memory but i think i rebooted the pc (after i changed the registry) and afterwards i could edit the service.

vampyren, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Permissions error (CLSID/APPID) since Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Permissions error CLSID

2. How to find CLSID and APPID from ActivatableClassId to deal with Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find CLSID and APPID from ActivatableClassId to deal with Event ID 10016: I know how to deal with event 10016. I usually adjust the permissions in the Registry Editor and Component Services and the warning goes away. In order to do that I need to know the CLSID of the class and APPID of the application.In this case CLSID are as...
  3. How to find CLSID and APPID from ActivatableClassId to deal with Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to find CLSID and APPID from ActivatableClassId to deal with Event ID 10016: I know how to deal with event 10016. I usually adjust the permissions in the Registry Editor and Component Services and the warning goes away. In order to do that I need to know the CLSID of the class and APPID of the application.In this case CLSID are as...
  4. How to find CLSID and APPID from ActivatableClassId to deal with Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Re: Event 10016 Warnings CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Event 10016 Warnings CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID...: ReEvent 10016 Warnings CLSID - Microsoft CommunityThe original thread is locked.But, IMO it's important to publicly know that the problem is not benign as described in the thread so IMO the thread should be unlocked and/or a new thread will need to be created like this one...
  6. 10016 with no CLSid or APPid info

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10016 with no CLSid or APPid info: See Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager 109327
  7. Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update: I keep getting the odd blue screen since the anniversary update. I think it's network related, the network driver. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it keeps happening. Any ideas? Attached is the zip file as per rules of posting on this section. 61175
  8. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID: This is unfortunately not the 5th or 100th such post on this topic in these forums. But I've followed the advice on many of the threads, believe in my heart of hearts that I've done it right, and the problem is persisting. At each computer restart, my event log logs the...
  9. Running out of memory since Anniversary update

Running out of memory since Anniversary update: When I play DDO, I also have chrome and Explorer open. This was never a problem until the anniversary update. Now I get screen messages saying I need to close something because I am running out of memory. Task manager shows memory usage at 89 - 91%. Even after I closed...
  10. Event 3104 Errors Since Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 3104 Errors Since Anniversary Upgrade: I've started getting Event 3104 errors since the Anniversary Upgrade (see below). I reset the search index but the error continues. Does anyone have this issue and have you found a solution? Error 05/08/2016 21:40:09 Microsoft-Windows-Search 3104 Gatherer...