Windows 10: Permissions Issues as Admin on a Domain

Discus and support Permissions Issues as Admin on a Domain in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by js0873, Jun 18, 2018.

1. js0873 Win User

Permissions Issues as Admin on a Domain

I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as examples. Although I'm not the owner of the drive, TrustedInstaller is, I've never had these issues before, especially as a user with both local admin and domain admin credentials. I hate to change the owner to me or some other group since that might affect the OS integrity. When I compare this W10 to another, which also has TrustedInstaller as the owner of the drive, I don't see any apparent differences.

The following is an example of what I get when trying to do a copy paste, and if I say continue it'll say that the source location is unavailable, even though it is. I'm sure it's all related to permissions. Any ideas how to best correct this?

Permissions Issues as Admin on a Domain [​IMG]

:)

js0873, Jun 18, 2018
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Permissions Issues as Admin on a Domain - Similar Threads - Permissions Issues Admin

2. Migrating folders between 2 Domains seems to break admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating folders between 2 Domains seems to break admin permissions: Hello,I have a file server migration project that is currently giving me some permissions issues. This is between 2 different domainsLets call them Alpha and Beta domain, they both have validated trusts between each other and are on the same network. I have tried two...
  3. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  4. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  5. Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help: Hello Guys, I know that here is lot of theards with similar issue but I have really read most of topics hours and hours and still dont understand how to do it so I am thank you for all advices: So we have company network "namecompany.com" where is connected all devices in...
  6. Admin permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin permissions: So, in the printers permission dialog box I somehow checked that no one has permission to control a printer. I cannot remove printer to start over again and reset permissions. Is there any work around as an admin to personal computer to correct this. I removed all instance...
  7. Admin Permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Permissions: I am the sole user of my laptop. I am the administrator, as well. I'm trying to move some music files from 1 USB flash drive to another. I keep getting a message stating I will need to provide administrative permissions to copy this file. When I continue I'm then required...
  8. Admin Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin Permission: I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there was one in there spinning like mad. After that, I tried to format it as I was told to try that after a Google search but...
  9. Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain: I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as examples. Although I'm not the owner of the drive, TrustedInstaller is, I've never had these issues before, especially as a user...
  10. No admin permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin permissions: I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented from doing so by this message : 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device' To continue:'' enter an admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 permission issue with domain admin

2. domain administrator account permissions issue