Windows 10: Permissions on windows store app executables How do I get th lock off

Discus and support Permissions on windows store app executables How do I get th lock off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just made my first ever purchase from the windows store, a game called "Recore". I use a Razer Tartarus gamepad and I want to link the games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sqrly, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Sqrly Win User

Permissions on windows store app executables How do I get th lock off

I just made my first ever purchase from the windows store, a game called "Recore".

I use a Razer Tartarus gamepad and I want to link the games executable to the keymap I made for it. I do this for every single program I make a keymap for, I have more keymaps then I can count.

Well, I took ownership of the windowsapps folder so I could look inside and find "recore.exe. I click on it and it says I don't have permission to open it.

I've tried every trick I know and I can't get access to this damn file. I don't want to modify it, I just want my gamepad to link my keymap to it,

:)

Sqrly, Oct 2, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

app file access permission

Some of the whitepapers on the
    business site
    have some info about the security in Windows Phone.

However, each app lists its permissions on the store page. This list CANNOT BE FAKED as it's generated by Microsoft by analyzing what APIs the app uses. So if an QR code reader lists as needed contact access, better check that the app has a feature to read
    business cards and make a contact card. (Not that you need a QR Reader as that's built into the phone). Since WP is much more locked down than Android, an app can't just do whatever it wants with the system. An app cannot access anything outside of its sandbox,
    so it can't do anything with any file you store on the phone.

The only "on/off" permission is location. Otherwise, all other permissions an app states can be accessed.

Here
    is the list of permissions.

Entegy, Oct 2, 2017
  3. TechDoc4u Win User
    Stolen Phone - how do I get my apps to install on th enew phone?

My phone was stolen and I had to get a new one. I got another Samsung focus. I was able to retrieve everthing with Windows Live, but how do I reload my Apps? Aren't they stored somewhere?

TechDoc4u, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  5. Sqrly Win User
    I didn't realize the files are encrypted. That's what the gold lock is on the file icons.

I'm trying a different approach. The Synapse software stores key maps in xml files. I can just directly edit the xml file but I need the UUID. I don't know how to find out what it is.

Here's an example

Code: <Application> <UUID>535BDE4B-849B-43CA-9DCB-4156E079DA6F</UUID> <AppName>alan_wakes_american_nightmare.exe</AppName> <AppPath>D:\Steam\steamapps\common\alan wakes american nightmare\alan_wakes_american_nightmare.exe</AppPath> <BundleID /> </Application> <Autoswitch>1</Autoswitch> <ProfileName>Alan Wake (AN)</ProfileName> <Active>0</Active> </Profile>[/quote] That's obviously for Alan Wakes American Nightmare. How the UUID is generated I do not know.

Sqrly, Oct 2, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    I see. To prevent pirating. One would need the key to decrypt it. That's a bummer.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Permissions on windows store app executables How do I get th lock off - Similar Threads - Permissions store app

2. How do I turn off this "antimalware executable" nonsense?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I turn off this "antimalware executable" nonsense?: I tried regedit, I tried deleting the file itself, I tried disabling it in services, I tried turning it off in task manager, I tried turning off real-time protection- nothing works. It keeps eating away at my memory and CPU like <removed> is that? Billion dollar company can't...
  3. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  4. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  5. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?: I have just installed a new Windows 11 and I want to be very strict about allowing my user to execute programs. This is an experiment to get less dependent on an antivirus. I want to allow the user to execute only specific programs that I specify somehow somewhere, or...
  7. How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?: I have just installed a new Windows 11 and I want to be very strict about allowing my user to execute programs. This is an experiment to get less dependent on an antivirus. I want to allow the user to execute only specific programs that I specify somehow somewhere, or...
  8. how do i give permission to get a game they asked for on the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i give permission to get a game they asked for on the store: my son used the Microsoft store to get a game using a gift card. when he used the gift card it said to ask permission from parent but I cant find where to grant it....
  9. How do I get permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get permission: how do I get permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission/ff20f65a-2d3a-4205-b59e-6e15b615f927"
  10. How do I turn off "Antimalware Service Executable"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off "Antimalware Service Executable"?: It's using memory, disk and CPU power for days now and it's making my computer run very slow. Even opening the Explorer takes about 15 seconds. What can I do about it? Here is an image from the task manager: [ATTACH]...