Windows 10: Permissions to access folders

Discus and support Permissions to access folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 40Gb USB drive which I protect with Bitlocker. When I unlock the drive there are some folders (backups of every photo taken by my camera)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave712, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Dave712 Win User

Permissions to access folders

Hi,
    I have a 40Gb USB drive which I protect with Bitlocker. When I unlock the drive there are some folders (backups of every photo taken by my camera) which I am denied access to. I have logged on as Administrator (I am the Administrator) and followed all the instructions to regain access but it is denied.
    I can access most of the folders on that drive but not all.
    I don't know how to proceed - can anybody help please as I have tried all the methods proposed when I search for this problem without success? I don't have a problem with any other drive.
    Regards
    Dave

:)

Dave712, Jul 17, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

how an administrator can give permission to access folders

Hi John,

To provide user/s an access to folders, see the steps below on how to do so:

• Right-click on the folder > Security.
    • Under the Group or user names option, click on the username that you want to have an access to the folder; then, click on Edit.
    • It will show you the page of permissions which you can allow or deny.
    • Choose your desired permissions and click on OK.

Let us know what happens after following the steps given.

John Sarc, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 17, 2018
  4. j.col70 Win User

j.col70, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Permissions to access folders - Similar Threads - Permissions access folders

2. Folder permission Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permission Access: Hello, I was wondering if someone else is experience what I am getting. I have Windows 10. Also I am using Avira as my antivirus (Defender is disabled because of Avira - automatic thing). So the issue is that randomly a folder is being locked for me. I am with...
  3. Permissions to access C: Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permissions to access C: Folder: I deleted all access rights to my C: Folder. Bad mistake. How do I get back to default access rights. Access to C: folder is denied. Going to Properties>Security requires read access to reach Edit, which I do not have. If I select Advanced it is unable to display current...
  4. "You don't have permission to access this folder"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "You don't have permission to access this folder": I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this. Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up. I've tried to fix it "following step by step by step tutorials from everywhere but it just won't get fixed. I'm sick and tired of it. I need...
  5. Revert the access permissions to another user's folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert the access permissions to another user's folder: Hi! I granted a non-admin user access permission to another non-admin user's folder. Now I finished transferring the files I needed to transfer, and I would like to revert those permissions to their original state. How can I do that? Thanks. submitted by /u/a_n_d_r_e_...
  6. Remove folder with 'special access' permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove folder with 'special access' permissions: I can't seem to remove a folder that all users, even CREATOR OWNER has special permissions to. I won't allow me to edit the permissions. Please advise, thanks. [ATTACH]...
  7. Security Permissions - Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Permissions - Folder Access: Hi, How can i exclude myself from a user group, and block all other users in that group for access to a particular folder? I can't seem to find a solution. [IMG] As you can see, i am a student and would like to deny all other students access to that folder. Is there a way...
  8. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...
  9. ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder: I am the Administrator of this computer but why won't windows 10 allow me to access users file folder? Getting confused. How do I get permission to open the USERS folder? By the way I'm using the NETWORK to access my other computers....
  10. Changing permissions on a folder that you can't access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing permissions on a folder that you can't access: Hello, I am new to the forums but I was searching the forums for an answer to my question and didn't get one so I turned to the rest of the internet. In time I was able to develop a fix for my problem. This is the fix. If this is in the wrong place please tell me and I...