Windows 10: Permissions..

Discus and support Permissions.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys I have an HTPC that it acts as a server too, i'm downloading movies, tv shows, music etc on my HTPC and others at home access that shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gmaister22, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Permissions..

Hello guys

I have an HTPC that it acts as a server too, i'm downloading movies, tv shows, music etc on my HTPC and others at home access that shared Drive.

Thing is that I kinda want to setup specific permissions, I don't want them for example be able to accidentally delete something.

How is it possible? When I went to Share->Advanced Sharing->Permissions It will only list my HTPC's local accounts and not others....

:)

gmaister22, Dec 15, 2015

2. Don't have permissions to change permissions

Hi Mady,

We noticed the post has been inactive for 48 hours now. We'd like to make sure if you still need assistance regarding this issue.

If the previous recommendation resolved your issue, we encourage you to inform the Community by marking the post as an answer or by clicking on Helpful.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Don't have permissions to change permissions

Hi Mady,

There are two kinds of administrator on the computer, first is the administrator user created during the Windows installation using a local account or Microsoft account. It has complete access to the computer and can make desired changes
    unless the activity requires elevated rights. Second is the Built-in hidden Administrator which is a local account that has a full unrestricted access rights to the computer.

You can still access restricted files, apps, and program by right clicking on it and selecting
    Run as administrator on the menu.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Jan Del, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

Permissions..

1. Permissions.. - Similar Threads - Permissions

2. I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.: ttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files-as-admin-cant-give-self/5e447a56-01e5-47b5-bfe7-86858d5c8853 none of these solutions worked and I have full acces to the files but I can't seem to open half of them saying that I might not have the...
  3. I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.: ttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files-as-admin-cant-give-self/5e447a56-01e5-47b5-bfe7-86858d5c8853 none of these solutions worked and I have full acces to the files but I can't seem to open half of them saying that I might not have the...
  4. I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?: My 14 year old son has a Win 11 lap top. I am the admin user. He is a standard user on the lap top in my family group able to sign in. This morning at 10 am he found a link in family safety to leave the family group, which he decided to try out. He tells me that he was told...
  6. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?: My 14 year old son has a Win 11 lap top. I am the admin user. He is a standard user on the lap top in my family group able to sign in. This morning at 10 am he found a link in family safety to leave the family group, which he decided to try out. He tells me that he was told...
  7. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

8. How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?: I recently got a 'you don't have permission to view that' when trying to look at a notepad file I'd downloaded with a game and it made me mad. How can I indefinitely change it so this never happens again? Mind you I've tried quite a many things over the course of 12 or so...
  9. How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?

How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?: I recently got a 'you don't have permission to view that' when trying to look at a notepad file I'd downloaded with a game and it made me mad. How can I indefinitely change it so this never happens again? Mind you I've tried quite a many things over the course of 12 or so...
  10. HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?: I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO BLOCK MICROSOFT FROM ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE BUT THEY WERE ABLE TO HACK MY PC AND READ THROUGH MY FILES AND INSTALL UPDATES WITHOUT PERMISSION. HOW DO I STOP MICROSOFT FROM BREAKING THE LAW AND USING MY PROPERTY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION? IT'S...