Windows 10: Perplexed

Discus and support Perplexed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Been awhile since I had to ask for advice but having some trouble here and this IS the best place for advice so....... While reading another thread, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by indianacarnie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Perplexed

Been awhile since I had to ask for advice but having some trouble here and this IS the best place for advice so.......
    While reading another thread, I thought well I'll just have a look at my Task manager. I did and was very surprised to see my CPU was going full blast, 100%. Odd, I thought because I'm doing nothing but reading the forum. So I refreshed it, same thing. That can't be right so I ran Process Explorer and came up with the same results. My CPU fan is running but the air flow is not especially hot coming out, warmish max. Looked through the processes running and saw nothing untoward and certainly nothing that would impact my CPU that much. Ran a quick SuperAntispyware scan with nothing coming up. Any clues?

Perplexed [​IMG]

Perplexed [​IMG]

Perplexed [​IMG]

Perplexed [​IMG]

Oh, rebooted and same thing.

:)

indianacarnie, Jan 26, 2018
  2. John582n Win User

Windows 10 "something happened" immediately upon starting of download.

Well spotted! That explains this perplexing issue.

John582n, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Problem in Contact list after active sync

Now I'm perplex. This is not suppose to happen. Even on the laptop?

Linley Meslier, Jan 26, 2018
  4. Perplexed

Please open the Task Manager and from Processes tab click CPU column to organize CPU utilization by highest CPU usage and post a screenshot of the Task Manager.

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  5. Perplexed [​IMG]

Everything under what you see is 0%.

6. Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and Press R. In the run dialog; type services.msc

From the services console; locate the Windows Management Instrumentation service.

Right click the Windows Management Instrumentation serviceand stop the service to check issue resolves. When you stop Windows Management Instrumentation servicefew dependent services will also will be stop you can restart them after restarting Windows Management Instrumentation service

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  7. Did that , no change. It also stopped IastorIcon and security center. As I watch Task manager my usage for task manager goes up to 100%. I was thinking that maybe this had something to do with the Factory O.C. but I've had this machine for 10 months now and never noticed this before. My rest usage is usually like <10%. Machine is not overheating and I see no degradation in speed doing mundane things, surfing, watching video etc. Or in BTD5 which is the game I played this morning.

Here's what Task manager says with WMI turned off.

Perplexed [​IMG]

8. Perplexed

Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Please execute following commands one at time.

Code: Sfc /Scannow Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth[/quote]

Malwarebytes' scanner
    If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan!
    Download and install: Please download Malwarebytes' scanner to your desktop.

• Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.x.x.xxxx and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • Click Finish.
    • On the Dashboard, click the 'Check for Updates' button.
    • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now' button.
    • A Threat Scan will begin. Please allow it to progress through the scanning process.
    • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Quarantines Selected button to allow the program to clean what was detected.
    • In most cases, a restart will be required.
    • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.

How to get logs: (Export log to save as txt)

• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open Malwarebytes once more.
    • Click on the Reports tab > Scan Report. (if you have done more than one scan in the past, select the most recent that shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Press View Report button.
    • Click 'Export'.
    • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
    • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
    • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
    • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
    • Click Ok
    • Find the log on your Desktop and Attach that saved log to your next reply.

(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  9. System File Check , no integrity violations.
    Dism - Ran
    Malwarebytes scan - No threats or PUP'S/PUM'S

This is a new restore for the OS btw about 3 days ago.
    No change, Task Manager now:

Perplexed [​IMG]

Malwarebytes
    Malwarebytes | Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

-Log Details-
    Scan Date: 1/27/18
    Scan Time: 12:22 PM
    Log File: b24f3ad2-0386-11e8-9f20-30e37a96f7ed.json
    Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
    Version: 3.3.1.2183
    Components Version: 1.0.262
    Update Package Version: 1.0.3799
    License: Free

-System Information-
    CPU: x64
    File System: NTFS
    User: MSI\india

-Scan Summary-
    Scan Type: Threat Scan
    Result: Completed
    Objects Scanned: 293783
    Threats Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)
    Threats Quarantined: 0
    Time Elapsed: 0 min, 34 sec

-Scan Options-
    Memory: Enabled
    Startup: Enabled
    Filesystem: Enabled
    Archives: Enabled
    Rootkits: Disabled
    Heuristics: Enabled
    PUP: Detect
    PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
    Process: 0

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0

(end)

10. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Please execute following commands one at time.

Code: Chkdsk C: /f[/quote] Please download Malwarebytes' AdwCleaner onto your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner_xxxx.exe to run the tool.
    • Click on Scan.
    • After done scanning, please hit Logfile. Locate the logfile in the Scan tab, double-click on it, copy the information inside of it, and paste it into your next reply.
    • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sx].txt as well.

Fix with Junkware Removal Tool

Please download Malwarebytes' Junkware Removal Tool and save the file to your desktop.

• Right-click on the JRT.exe or Junkware Removal Tool icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    • Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
    • This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
    • Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Do not forget to re-enable your previously switched off protection software!
    Please also manually reboot your machine after this procedure.

Please read carefully and follow these steps.

• Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
    • Extract its contents to your desktop.
    • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
    • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
    • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  11. Did all that, no difference. Tried booting into safe mode, no difference. Just reset it 3 days ago, so my system restore options are very limited but am going to try. If no love I'm just going to do a fresh install, was really hoping not to have to do that as I just got everything back to "normal". Oh, Malwarebytes discontinued Junkware Removal Tool btw. Thanks for trying.

12. If you like can try repair install of Windows 10 without without losing anything.

I know about Junkware Removal Tool but it still does help remove old adwares.

You are very welcome!

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  13. Perplexed

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 26, 2018
  14. I finished the reinstall and everything is fine now. Still no clue on what happened, and I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to tracking these things down. But now I have a few hours of getting everything "back to normal". Thanks again to all who replied.

Perplexed [​IMG]

indianacarnie, Jan 27, 2018
  15. We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!

FreeBooter, Jan 27, 2018
Thema:

Perplexed

1. Perplexed - Similar Threads - Perplexed

2. What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!: No one here knows exactly what happened. MICROSOFT SUPPORT TEAM CAN CONFIRM THAT MY OS KEY AND ALL ARE VALID - WINDOWS 10 PRO - OEMBecause Windows 10 All Versions will sunset I think 2025 ?... I've been upgrading this PC tower to enable TM had to buy a new Mobo and processor...
  3. What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!: No one here knows exactly what happened. MICROSOFT SUPPORT TEAM CAN CONFIRM THAT MY OS KEY AND ALL ARE VALID - WINDOWS 10 PRO - OEMBecause Windows 10 All Versions will sunset I think 2025 ?... I've been upgrading this PC tower to enable TM had to buy a new Mobo and processor...
  4. What the hey? Both MSFT Tech Support are perplexed!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive perplexing message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive perplexing message: Full of questions this evening and while I am here, what is this odd message that I am seeing CONSTANTLY - OneDrive has a newer version, but I have to uninstall what I have on my computer first - makes sense, except I am unable to uninstall it - rather get angry, I am amused,...
  6. OneDrive perplexing message

OneDrive perplexing message: Full of questions this evening and while I am here, what is this odd message that I am seeing CONSTANTLY - OneDrive has a newer version, but I have to uninstall what I have on my computer first - makes sense, except I am unable to uninstall it - rather get angry, I am amused,...
  7. OneDrive perplexing message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Every Option used to get my mic on. Nothing. Ok, now I'm a little perplexed at the resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Option used to get my mic on. Nothing. Ok, now I'm a little perplexed at the resolution?: I unplugged my external speaker and the mic works. I've not experienced that on any other windows devices I've had, with say Google Voice. Th mic is a separate thing right? Works fine, can't have an external speaker? Do I still need the fix I ask for below? ===== original...
  9. Every Option used to get my mic on. Nothing. Ok, now I'm a little perplexed at the resolution?

Every Option used to get my mic on. Nothing. Ok, now I'm a little perplexed at the resolution?: I unplugged my external speaker and the mic works. I've not experienced that on any other windows devices I've had, with say Google Voice. Th mic is a separate thing right? Works fine, can't have an external speaker? Do I still need the fix I ask for below? ===== original...
  10. Every Option used to get my mic on. Nothing. Ok, now I'm a little perplexed at the resolution?

in Windows 10 Customization