Windows 10: Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro

Discus and support Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I originally upgraded from 7 (licence obtained through msdn), and got my first 'activate windows error 2 weeks later). Called ms and got a confirmation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aubs, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Aubs Win User

Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro

I originally upgraded from 7 (licence obtained through msdn), and got my first 'activate windows error 2 weeks later). Called ms and got a confirmation I'd, which entered fine and worked for another few days, until I. Got the activation error again.

Tried a fresh install with the same key, and got the same issue.

Bought a new key from eBay (seller had decent feedback). Got the error 'this copy of windows is installed on another pc', however when I called ms they still have me a confirmation Id, which was accepted and worked for a couple of weeks, until the same thing happened.

Assumed I'd been scammed so got a refund, and bought yet another key from a different seller (also perfect feedback). Again the same issue.

So am I seriously unlucky, or am I on some kind of ms blacklist?

:)

2. Windows 10 Activation Errors - Running Win10 Pro when digital license is for Win10 Home Single Language

Hi

Will performing the suggestion of Andre (a custom install) preserve my files?

PaxMichelena, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Windows 10 Activation Errors - Running Win10 Pro when digital license is for Win10 Home Single Language

Just to bring up your post, do you still need further assistance regarding your concern?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Allan Mej, Sep 11, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

One option you have is to purchase a copy of 10 Pro/Home from a non ebay site.. like Amazon/Newegg. That way you don't have the chance of getting a pirated key. Just to get more information so others can help.. was your copy of 7 fully activated before you upgraded to 10??

BunnyJ, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Aubs Win User
    Yes I'd been using that 7 licence for a few years, and through a few different hardware upgrades. It was fully activated at the time of the win10 upgrade.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    When did you upgrade t0 10.. was it before or on July 29th??

BunnyJ, Sep 11, 2016
  7. Aubs Win User
    Last year shortly after it became available. I did a fresh install with the win7 key after the update which made that possible, around September time?

8. BunnyJ New Member

Doing it last year made the motherboard digitally entitled so you didn't need to reenter the win7 key for the AU update or a clean instillation.

Q,, did you change the motherboard recently??

BunnyJ, Sep 11, 2016
  9. Aubs Win User
    Yes that's what I thought too, didn't stop windows throwing up the activation request over and over again.

I upgraded the mobo and CPU in December '14, probably 6 months before the win10 upgrade, no activation issues at all before windows 10 upgrade.

10. BunnyJ New Member
    Right now I don't have any clue..
    With luck others will chime in soon.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 11, 2016
  11. Aubs Win User
    Me neither man, this has been going on for about 15 months now. Pretty sick of reinstalls and calls to the activation hotline.

Hope somebody can help me!

12. cereberus Win User
    Run slmgr /dlv from a command prompt and post image of results (no confidential info is given)/

You have just been unlucky re. keys - many scams.

Also run showkeyplus and use "check product key" option and post image (blanking out actual keys).

cereberus, Sep 11, 2016
  13. Aubs Win User

Thanks for the replies guys, will try out suggestions tomorrow.

14. Aubs Win User
    Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro [​IMG]

Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro [​IMG]

So it's an OEM key - is that the problem? Still seems weird to me that I would have the same issue with 3 different keys...

15. Superfly Win User
    Correct - people rip keys from OEM PC's and sell them to unsuspecting buyers and hope the backdoor phone activation will bail them out.

The error you have:
    "The Software Licensing Server reported that the hardware ID binding is beyond level of tolerance."

Means that key have been used on too many different hardware installations.

So do not buy keys on ebay - money-back guarantee or not - the guy that key was stolen from will have the same issue as you.

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro - Similar Threads - Persistent activation errors

2. persistent UPDATE ERROR win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    persistent UPDATE ERROR win 10 pro: after several tries to update, this message shows:There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800f0922pleae assist,many thanks...
  3. persistent UPDATE ERROR win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    persistent UPDATE ERROR win 10 pro: after several tries to update, this message shows:There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800f0922pleae assist,many thanks...
  4. persistent UPDATE ERROR win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error activating Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error activating Win10: I have bought this pc about one year ago, and it came with windows 10 home, not activated. I delayed the activation, and a few weeks ago the message in the top part written in red appeared. I decide to buy a key, and bought a pro version since online I find that you can...
  6. Win10 Pro Installed but not activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro Installed but not activated.: I just built a new PC with my dad. I installed windows using the USB. I entered the product key and it installed windows. But when I was going to change some personalization windows was not activated but I have windows 10 Pro. So how is this possible. Today I just got a...
  7. Win10 Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  8. Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro

Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro: When I built my PC I installed Win10 home on it, but have decided I want win10 pro. So, I have bought a win10 pro key, but it is not working. I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  9. Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated): Hi! I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. I’d like to upgrade to Pro but as I don’t have the money for a new product key I’d like to keep it non-activated. I don’t mind sacrificing personalization...
  10. Sudden Win10 Pro Activation error

Sudden Win10 Pro Activation error: Having had a legitimate copy of Win10x64 Pro since release, over the past week I have been presented with an activation error (0xC004C003). Running the trouble shooter tells me that I I do not have a license for Pro however, looking at my MS account online it clearly states I...