Windows 10: Persistent Event Viewer Error

Discus and support Persistent Event Viewer Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm getting the following event viewer error every 15-30 minutes whenever a non-admin account is logged in: The application-specific permission... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kev160967, Nov 29, 2015.

1. kev160967 Win User

Persistent Event Viewer Error

I'm getting the following event viewer error every 15-30 minutes whenever a non-admin account is logged in:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user XX\YY SID (S-1-5-21-1462133472-353174448-3584519177-1002) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I've tracked the AppID down to RuntimeBroker. I've found a few posts mentioning a similar error for this application under windows 8, and suggesting changing the security settings as described. When I try to do this though, all the settings for RuntimeBroker are disabled, and cannot be customised. I've tried launch the admin tool as administrator, but it's still locked down.

Any ideas?

Kevin

:)

kev160967, Nov 29, 2015

2. Windows Store Apps Stuck on "Working" Status

Did you installed all updates?

Make sure there is no pending update and then restart your PC.

If problem persist, open event viewer and see what event is logged associated with Windows Store error and post the error code.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - remote procedure call failed

Hi,

Is this error displayed even after you restart your PC?

The "Remote procedure call" error might be displayed when a service called upon by Windows is not responding. If you have already restarted the PC and yet see this error message, I would recommend you to boot the computer in Safe mode and check if the issue
    persists. You can follow the steps suggested in this article to boot the computer in Safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

If the issue persists in the Safe mode as well, then check the Event viewer for any reports which will help us determine which service is causing this issue. To check the Event Viewer logs, follow these steps:

1. Type "Event Viewer" in the search box in the task bar. This will bring up the Event Viewer tile, Click to open the event viewer.

2. In the left pane, expand out Windows Logs. Click on system logs and highlight the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down.

3. Most of your event will be Information. You may see Yellow Warnings or Red Errors. If you see any red error, you can double click on it to bring it up and copy the contents to a document.

Bennet Martin, Nov 29, 2015
  4. Persistent Event Viewer Error

Same here, except I'm running an Administrator account. Persistent Event Viewer Error :p

BlondieMenace, Nov 29, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    You guys could try this.

Remember to favorite the location of the edit in regedit so you know where to go if it needs changing.

swarfega, Nov 29, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    fdegrove, Nov 29, 2015
  7. kev160967 Win User
    Thanks, made the change, will monitor to see if the events go away!

kev160967, Dec 4, 2015
  8. glnz Win User

kev - what results, and which change did you do?

9. kev160967 Win User
    With all the rushing about over christmas I never got round to following it up. Just looked now though, and I'm still getting the error in the logs. The solution I tried was the link from swarfega. This allowed me to change the permissions in the DCOM config for the class in question. I'm not sure why that hasn't done the trick, as I was expecting it to work. There are a whole bunch of these errors for different components when my wife's account is logged in. I'll have to have another look when I can find some time!

kev160967, Jan 1, 2016
  10. glnz Win User
    By the way, I THINK I'm getting the error message when I shut down as part of restart. Not when I start up again. It's an error in the shut-down process, I think. Wonder what that means.

11. kev160967 Win User
    Just checked, and mine are not related to a shutdown or restart, nor any sleep related events. I also noticed that I might have spoken too soon - my wife's account no longer gets the RuntimeBroker errors (though she does get others), it's the account "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" that is still triggering them. So it looks like the linked solution does fix the problem (which is what you'd expect) but I need to do it for some more accounts and some more components. Now I know it fixes it though, it's worth going through and making the effort

kev160967, Jan 1, 2016
  12. glnz Win User
    kev and others - confirmed that I am getting the error messages when I shut down my Win 10, not when i start it. Weird.

13. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Could you post a screenshot of the error message in event viewer.
    I suspect it's a number of services that try to restart at shutdown.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 1, 2016
  14. glnz Win User
    fdegrove - Hope you can open the attached - is a zip of a doc. Had to delete some of the screenshots to meet 10 Forum's limit.

Copy of DCOM errors - screenshots 1-2-16.zip

15. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

That's the typical DCOM error that's been around for awhile.
    Follow the instructions as described in a previous post here of mine and you should get rid of it forever.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Persistent Event Viewer Error - Similar Threads - Persistent Event Viewer

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  4. Event viewer error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event viewer error: [ATTACH] Anyone know what this service is? I can't find any information on it anywhere. https://preview.redd.it/12qtclzd4as61.jpg?width=1862&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5c14b4f6f0374d398aee0d73da20c3a242f32360 submitted by /u/OhSoCute [link] [comments]...
  5. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  6. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Does anyone have a workable solution for Event error 1000 or event error13? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-errors/79c29b4a-e783-4b8b-b552-c46b3e00e2f9
  7. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  8. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Win10 pro Hi, Thanks for checking this out I have 3 errors I used Reset this PC to remove files but I use a external drive for games and some directory's like desktop, Pictures, docs, and games ect… fyi I didn't use a fresh install of windows I used Reset my PC. If anyone...
  9. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494