Windows 10: Persistent Freezing after 1 month of upgrading my PC (windows 10)

Discus and support Persistent Freezing after 1 month of upgrading my PC (windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, Recently I upgraded my PC, the only components I hadn't replaced are my power supply. My current hardware is : Intel i7-7700k @ 4.2 GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RowanYazici, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Persistent Freezing after 1 month of upgrading my PC (windows 10)

Hi guys,

Recently I upgraded my PC, the only components I hadn't replaced are my power supply.

My current hardware is :

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.2 GHz

Zotac GTX 1080 Extreme

16 GB of DDR4 Ram

650 w EVGA supernova PSU

Asus Hero Maximumus VIII

My computer ran fine for the first month and a half within my upgrade, However as of late it's started freezing consistently every time I use it.

It literally freezes, audio stops, mouse is unable to move and CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work, forcing me to hard reset my PC physically. The Freezing can occur randomly, sometimes it occurs a few minutes into the reboot, and other times hours after the computer has booted.

I have tried most advice found on the net. I updated all drivers, I ran MEMtest to see if it was an issue with RAM, I've tried fiddling with Power Options, I've also removed overclocking presets I had and resetting the BIOS. I'm currently writing this post on a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists. I've also tried removing my graphics card to see if its a driver problem and it isn't .

SO from here what is the logical conclusion? Is it a hardware issue with my PC? (pls tell me its not I cant be bothered to chase up the warrantys)

If not, is there any other final solution I can perhaps try?

Many thanks,

Rowan

:)

RowanYazici, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Paulieg Win User
    Who upgraded their PC in the last 12 months?

lol. It would take me an hour to list all of my upgrades over the last twelve month. I've had 10 different cpus, 6 different motherboards, 6 different graphics cards, 4 different psu's, and 4 different cases. Oh, and 6 different coolers. This weekend I'm adding water cooling to the list of upgrades. Here's the list of just processors.

2 Q6600's
    2 e8400's (1 CO and 1 EO)
    e8500
    Q6700
    e3110
    e3210
    e2180
    e4400

Paulieg, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Persistent Freezing after 1 month of upgrading my PC (windows 10)

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Persistent Freezing after 1 month of upgrading my PC (windows 10)

1. Persistent Freezing after 1 month of upgrading my PC (windows 10) - Similar Threads - Persistent Freezing month

2. Pc freezing after cpu upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezing after cpu upgrade.: Hi,I upgraded my processor from ryzen 3 1200 to ryzen 5 5500.i fresh installed windows updated all drivers updated bios updated graphics drivers.but my pc is freezing after every 2-3 second.it showing graphics drivers crashed.i have msi a320m pro vd/s motherboard.Please help...
  3. Pc freezing after cpu upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezing after cpu upgrade.: Hi,I upgraded my processor from ryzen 3 1200 to ryzen 5 5500.i fresh installed windows updated all drivers updated bios updated graphics drivers.but my pc is freezing after every 2-3 second.it showing graphics drivers crashed.i have msi a320m pro vd/s motherboard.Please help...
  4. After 1 month in repair my PC is getting BSODS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After 1 month in repair my PC is getting BSODS: Hello, I've recently got my PC back from repair.Unfortunately I got a few blue screens already that seem to happen at random.Minidump files of the last 2 crashes:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iR1pQYVnxxNPl9F8KXQT9GDWNnCxgz5lIf anybody knows what is happening please...
  5. After 1 month in repair my PC is getting BSODS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After 1 month in repair my PC is getting BSODS: Hello, I've recently got my PC back from repair.Unfortunately I got a few blue screens already that seem to happen at random.Minidump files of the last 2 crashes:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iR1pQYVnxxNPl9F8KXQT9GDWNnCxgz5lIf anybody knows what is happening please...
  6. After 1 month in repair my PC is getting BSODS

7. activation of FSX after 1 month

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation of FSX after 1 month: I have activated FSX last month and got the yes reply but now it says my free moth is up but wont tell me how to activate it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-fsx-after-1-month/d2927540-b252-4199-ba03-cfea44f21363
  8. Is there a way to restore my pc to 1 month ago?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to restore my pc to 1 month ago?: Basically i followed an fps guide and then my pc got worse and started slowing down in game and while doing anything else but especially while gaming as now it stutters & crashes....
  9. Persistent BSODs for several months

Persistent BSODs for several months: Hey guys, I've already posted for help with this on Tom's Hardware forum, but one of the main admins there has been having GPU issues and was no longer able to help. He said to try coming here. I'm new to this forum so I'll just include as much useful info as I can, and a...
  10. After upgrading from win7 to windows 10, my PC freezes.

After upgrading from win7 to windows 10, my PC freezes.: Recently, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, and since then my system is frozen. The whole computer freezes, the keyboard doesn't work, the mouse doesn't work, nothing at all. I don't have idea what is going on, because there isn't any error messages. Which means I...