Windows 10: Persistent IRQL/KMODE Blue Screens

Discus and support Persistent IRQL/KMODE Blue Screens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys & gals! I need some help diagnosing a few BSODs I've been having. I think the BSODs are driver related because I have ran memtest86+ for 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by s1lkwurm, Jul 10, 2015.

1. s1lkwurm Win User

Persistent IRQL/KMODE Blue Screens

Hey guys & gals!

I need some help diagnosing a few BSODs I've been having. I think the BSODs are driver related because I have ran memtest86+ for 8 passes no errors, as well as chkdisk and seatools with no problems.

Yesterday I installed W10TP and I've had a few troublesome BSODs. The issue seems to be limited to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

The computer seems to be relatively stable except for when playing video games/watching streams.
    Please let me know if you need further information. Thanks for the help!

:)

s1lkwurm, Jul 10, 2015
  2. MitchW398 Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screens

I recently built my own PC and downloaded Windows 10 as my operating system with a disc. My computer was running perfectly for about a week, but last night it began to show blue screens. After a few restarts I was able to log back into my computer and use
    it for about 10 minutes before it had another blue screen. After trying all of the advanced troubleshooting and attempts to erase my hard drive and reinstall windows, I am still getting blue screens and am no longer able to even get to the log in screen.

Here are a few of tbe error codes I am recieving on the blue screens:

System_Service_Exception

Irql not less or equal

System thread exception not handled

0x80070570 (when i tried to reinstall windows)

Kmode exception not handled

Any help is appreciated!

MitchW398, Jul 10, 2015
  3. Getting random BSODs on newly built PC

These blue screens come out of no where and usually says scpvbus.sys or kmode exception not handles

blakefosterXI, Jul 10, 2015
  4. satrow Win User

I think debugging W10 dumps is still impossible currently.

Your crash types all seem to be driver related, uninstall any 'utility' software drivers, update all hardware drivers, check for Windows Updates...

DriverView will help you find the older/non MS drivers that are currently installed.

satrow, Jul 10, 2015
  5. s1lkwurm Win User
    DriverView highlights these:

All AMD Drivers
    Realtek Sound Driver
    Intel Gigabit Ethernet Driver

I'm sure I have the most recent AMD chipset/video card drivers. I looked up the Intel one and it seems like that is a common driver to be flagged but does not cause problems. I have a hard time believing that the Realtek driver is the cause for all of the BSODs. I'm not sure where to turn.

s1lkwurm, Jul 10, 2015
  6. satrow Win User
    Fully uninstall the AMD graphics drivers +CCC, reboot and install drivers only during testing.

satrow, Jul 10, 2015
  7. s1lkwurm Win User
    I've tried to do that but I'm not sure how anymore. I used to uninstall all AMD software then have device manager driver update point to the file with drivers in it, but it still installs CCC now in W10. Is there another way to install only the drivers?

s1lkwurm, Jul 10, 2015
  8. satrow Win User

That reads like you'd been doing it the correct way previously (C:\AMD\AMD-Catalyst-*Version*\Packages\Drivers\Display).

As I've not installed CCC for years, can you no longer opt out of/uninstall all/most of the extras included by default from the main CCC (un)installer? That would at least prevent the stuff like Fuel from installing/loading.

satrow, Jul 10, 2015
  9. s1lkwurm Win User
    I've only been pointing it as far as the general file where the drivers are. I'm trying it again now the way you suggest taking it specifically to Drivers/Display. I'll report back when finished.

s1lkwurm, Jul 10, 2015
  10. s1lkwurm Win User
    Still wants to install CCC regardless of how I do it. I think I'll uninstall everything and then install through CCC and uncheck everything that I can.

s1lkwurm, Jul 11, 2015
  11. satrow Win User
    Hmm, until someone comes up with a new method for W10, I guess we'll have to make do with a minimal install of CCC.

Report back with a list of the AMD drivers loaded would you?

satrow, Jul 11, 2015
  12. s1lkwurm Win User
    Here's the list of AMD drivers in DriverView after the install on video card/chipset:
    AtihdWT6.sys
    usbfilter.sys
    atikmdag.sys
    atikmpag.sys

s1lkwurm, Jul 11, 2015
  13. satrow Win User

AMD High Definition Audio (HDMI), (chipset?), gfx and gfx. So far, so good; if you get another BSOD, describe exactly what was happening/running during the seconds before the crash and attach the latest version of files from running the collection app- don't install anything else for several days, it might just confuse the issue further.

Now play/work it hard *Smile

satrow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Persistent IRQL/KMODE Blue Screens - Similar Threads - Persistent IRQL KMODE

2. Blue screen irql

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen irql: Happened twice in ten minutes randomly. Seen other posts on here which said to copy the minidump data and link it here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtYxjcBsRnOJlho3E7yk_hzVfQ7p?e=u3mAGy...
  3. Blue screen irql

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen irql: Happened twice in ten minutes randomly. Seen other posts on here which said to copy the minidump data and link it here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtYxjcBsRnOJlho3E7yk_hzVfQ7p?e=u3mAGy...
  4. Blue screen irql

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Persistent unknown cause of BSODs "IRQL NOT EQUAL" and "KMODE EXCEPTION"

Persistent unknown cause of BSODs "IRQL NOT EQUAL" and "KMODE EXCEPTION": Please let me know what sort of information you need to help me troubleshoot what exactly is wrong.Here's what I've already done,- Updated all drivers- Rolled back all drivers- Reinstalled Windows 10- Re-seated SSD and RAM sticks laptop- SFC, SCANDISK, DISM all ran numerous...
  6. Persistent unknown cause of BSODs "IRQL NOT EQUAL" and "KMODE EXCEPTION"

Persistent unknown cause of BSODs "IRQL NOT EQUAL" and "KMODE EXCEPTION": Please let me know what sort of information you need to help me troubleshoot what exactly is wrong.Here's what I've already done,- Updated all drivers- Rolled back all drivers- Reinstalled Windows 10- Re-seated SSD and RAM sticks laptop- SFC, SCANDISK, DISM all ran numerous...
  7. Persistent unknown cause of BSODs "IRQL NOT EQUAL" and "KMODE EXCEPTION"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Help with Irql Blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Irql Blue screen: It started when I tried to connect a new SSD to my computer. Random blue screens IRQL is most common but also got a System service Exception and Critical process died. I disconnected the SSD and computer was still BSOD'ing. I tried resetting computer and that didn't fix the...
  9. Help with Irql Blue screen

Help with Irql Blue screen: It started when I tried to connect a new SSD to my computer. Random blue screens IRQL is most common but also got a System service Exception and Critical process died. I disconnected the SSD and computer was still BSOD'ing. I tried resetting computer and that didn't fix the...
  10. Blue screen issues persisting

Blue screen issues persisting: I have windows 10, running 2080ti and ryzen 3600. Had an issue with dpc watchdog violation bluescreen continually popping up with random programs/games I would play and it got so bad to the point where I completely reset my pc which deleted everything off my drive. I thought...