Windows 10: Persistent Ramdisk

Discus and support Persistent Ramdisk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any assistance on this, sorry I don't mean to post so much lately new computer. : @ 38988 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ponyexpress, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Persistent Ramdisk

Any assistance on this, sorry I don't mean to post so much lately new computer. : @

:)

ponyexpress, Jan 28, 2016

2. [SOLVED] Temporary Internet Files (location) corrupted since creating 'RAMdisk'

Hi!

I'm having this issue for some time now and I don't know how to fix it. It's "Temporary Internet Files" within the Internet (Explorer) Settings, that also affected the Edge.

I created RAMdisk to try storing Internet files on it to speed up my browsing. That worked great!

I just moved the Temporary folder location to the RAMdisk.

The problem is, I can't restore Temporary folders to it's original location.

So basically Internet Explorer and Edge do not have any history and do not save anything if RAMdisk is not running.

I tried moving back the saving location with or without RAMdisk but it keeps reverting the save location to 'blank' if RAMdisk is not running and reverting location to RAMdisk if RAMdisk is running.

RAMdisk is a tool that creates HDD out of RAM, making that HDD faster than SSD or anyting else.

Devilboy665, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Is it possible to boot Windows 10 from a UEFI RAM Disk?

As a test, I created a 100 MB FAT32 file system on a UEFI RAM disk and copied the EFI folder from my Windows 10 system partition into it. When I try running either bootmgfw.efi or bootx64.efi from the ramdisk, I get the Automatic Startup Repair blue screen
    with Error Code 0xc000000e. I know the contents of the ramdisk are correct because I can copy them from the ramdisk to a usb stick and boot from the usb stick without error. Are there checks within the Windows 10 bootloader that would prevent booting from
    a ramdisk?

BrettStahlman, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Persistent Ramdisk

1. Persistent Ramdisk - Similar Threads - Persistent Ramdisk

2. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage: I've been getting a lot of BSODs on heavy usage like gaming/video editing. On normal usage, there is no issue, but on running games like tekken or softwares like a voice changer, I always get a BSOD within 5-10 minutes. I have tried stuff like updating my nvidia drivers,...
  3. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage: I've been getting a lot of BSODs on heavy usage like gaming/video editing. On normal usage, there is no issue, but on running games like tekken or softwares like a voice changer, I always get a BSOD within 5-10 minutes. I have tried stuff like updating my nvidia drivers,...
  4. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  6. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  7. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

8. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...: This is an intermittent issue that's bedeviled me for a few years, and after scouring the internet several times I haven't found any posts here or elsewhere describing the same issue. Briefly, what happens is that when I try to stream video through a particular app or...
  9. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...: This is an intermittent issue that's bedeviled me for a few years, and after scouring the internet several times I haven't found any posts here or elsewhere describing the same issue. Briefly, what happens is that when I try to stream video through a particular app or...
  10. Loud, persistent beeping tone through external speakers when trying to stream video on...