Windows 10: Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed

Discus and support Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] Guys, how to separate the folders of documents, pictures, videos, desktop, etc? I kinda made a bade move on merging them. Thanks for the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kritzk, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Kritzk Win User

Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed

Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed [​IMG]

Guys, how to separate the folders of documents, pictures, videos, desktop, etc? I kinda made a bade move on merging them. Thanks for the help.

:)

Kritzk, Dec 10, 2016
  2. gouvia7 Win User

problem with lost files

i mean my personal files( my pictures,my music,my documents,...),no i dont get any error,yes i search but nothing.i want to explain you that after the new update of windows 10 all my personal files was there in this location which i tell you before but
    they dont appear on my desktop and to the other folders(pictures,music,documents..) so i copy all this folders with my personal files there (desktop,pictures,music,documents..)..

gouvia7, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Pictures

For some re4ason all my pictures are in my Document file mixed with all my do uments. Does anyone know how to move thjem to the picture file?

GregWoolvett, Dec 10, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Can you tell us what you did to get them that way? It appears you moved them to another location, I assume Drive E, and placed them in the same folder named Documents. What method did you use to move them?

essenbe, Dec 11, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Under This PC on the left panel, Right click the Documents Icon, the one with the text icon, and choose Properties/Location/Move. Browse to the Documents folder on the E: drive. Do the same for the other icons. Right click the musical note and browse it to the Music folder etc.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed - Similar Threads - Personal Files Documents

2. How do I locate my desktop files download, document, picture etc from my old laptop hardisk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I locate my desktop files download, document, picture etc from my old laptop hardisk...: I recently removed my hardisk from my old laptop and placed it my new one. It's a about 16-17 years old and it been used since so many years. I got all the folders expect my desktop folders such as document, download ,picture etc. Searched in my local disk c in user, but only...
  3. How do I locate my desktop files download, document, picture etc from my old laptop hardisk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I locate my desktop files download, document, picture etc from my old laptop hardisk...: I recently removed my hardisk from my old laptop and placed it my new one. It's a about 16-17 years old and it been used since so many years. I got all the folders expect my desktop folders such as document, download ,picture etc. Searched in my local disk c in user, but only...
  4. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  5. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  6. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  7. Multiple My Document and My Pictures files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple My Document and My Pictures files: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  8. Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue: Sorry about the ambiguous title but I am not one hundred percent certain how to best articulate my issue. Essentially I tried to move all my Program Files/x86 and My Desktop/Documents/Pictures etc. from my SSD to my HDD following this tutorial: How to move program files to a...
  9. windows 10 deleted my desktop files, pictures, videos and documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files, pictures, videos and documents: To Whom it may concern, So when this happened I found all my files, I relocated them to whence they originally resided. This is before I found this...
  10. File Explorer not directing to right folder - Documents, Pictures etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not directing to right folder - Documents, Pictures etc.: (Apologies if this is in the wrong place, or has been answered before! I couldn't find anything on the same issue.) Hello! I recently got a new gaming laptop and it's been working like a charm, especially since I upgraded it to 10. I am having a problem with my libraries...