Windows 10: Personal picture not showing on logon screen during startup

Discus and support Personal picture not showing on logon screen during startup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Not that this is an earth shattering*problem (grin) but I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their local account picture not showing up on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by moondoggy, Sep 7, 2016.

1. moondoggy Win User

Personal picture not showing on logon screen during startup

Not that this is an earth shattering*problem (grin) but I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their local account picture not showing up on their Welsome screen in Windows 10, 1607?

I am the only person that uses my* desktop PC and it's located in a secure environment so I chose to continue using my local account on my system vs my LIVE account.* In addition, my environment is secure enough that I also chose to have the system automatically log on so I don't have to enter my password each time I start my system.

Prior to the 1607 release my system would start up and jump immediately to my desktop just as it did in Windows 7.* After 1607*the Welcome screen momentarily displays before it displays my desktop.* When this Welcome screen momentarily is displayed, instead of displaying the photograph of me above my*first name*it instead displays the person symbol that Microsoft provides as an account default in the event that the user does not provide a picture of their own.
    Now, I have a laptop that also is running Windows 10, 1607 that's setup the same way as my desktop PC and when I power up my laptop it does show my photograph of me above my first name on that Welcome screen.* I've double checked my desktop PC and the*my picture does properly show up if I go into account settings so I'm*clueless as to why the picture shows up on my laptop*during startup but not my desktop PC.* Again not an earth shattering problem but*I'd like to fix it if possible.**

:)

moondoggy, Sep 7, 2016

2. Lock Screen

Disable logon screen background image in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Personalization - Lock Screen.
    • Scroll down the page you opened until you see the option Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. Turn it off as shown below:

Disable logon screen background image in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

William Martz, Sep 7, 2016
  3. windows 10 - Logon screen user list

In a default installation the active users do show up on the logon screen. If they don't then you need to look at the persons who modified your setup rather than blaming Microsoft. To illustrate your concern it would be helpful if you posted a picture of
    your logon screen.

Frederik Long, Sep 7, 2016
  4. sehale Win User

I had the same problem (there is another thread in this forum about it). Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189866) released today fixed it for me.

sehale, Sep 13, 2016
  5. moondoggy Win User
    Thanks for the heads up. I was sitting at my computer when your posting notice arrived in my inbox and after I applied the update from Microsoft today (9/13/2016) the problem with the photo not appearing was resolved for me as well. Thanks again.

moondoggy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Personal picture not showing on logon screen during startup - Similar Threads - Personal picture showing

2. Logon Screen Pictures Gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon Screen Pictures Gone: When I wake up my Dell Inspirion 15 3000 computer, the logon screen pictures don't appear. I tried rebooting with the same result. This is a PC that's less than a year old. I am running almost all Microsoft programs with the exception of Turbotax. I think this just...
  3. logon to personal desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    logon to personal desktop: I want to logon and have my personal desk to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-to-personal-desktop/0976195e-ece5-4bc7-b76c-0fc87568b25e
  4. Screen pictures at startup

Screen pictures at startup: I am asking for a SIMPLE step by step way to delete some photos at start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pictures-at-startup/d68e131e-afd2-4694-a1dc-28961a4864ba
  5. how to change round personal picture on startup

how to change round personal picture on startup: Can't seem to find this option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-round-personal-picture-on-startup/abf596d9-5a29-48f1-9b93-6424a7d052ff
  6. My personal Picture in middle of screen.

My personal Picture in middle of screen.: How do I change the small personal picture of myself on sign in screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-personal-picture-in-middle-of-screen/82f9284f-d2aa-4dc4-a0cb-7cce3e11c85a
  7. Personal Picture shows as background

Personal Picture shows as background: HP Envy Windows 10 Until I sign onto Windows 10, my HP laptop originally would show nature scene pics, chosen by Windows. (You may recall such pics would changed to a new nature scene every couple days.) Now, my laptop displays a personal picture of mine (the same...
  8. Microsoft Startup Screen Pictures

Microsoft Startup Screen Pictures: On several occasions, I have tried to click the "What is this?" button and must have inadvertently clicked that I don't like the picture. The picture has disappeared and it seems I have lost it forever. I guess I have also accidentally voted against a picture I really liked....
  9. My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup

My own Lock Screen Picture does not show at startup: After Upgrading to the new W10 platform download last weekend I now have the following issue: My sign in screen picture is no longer available. From the Lock Screen tab in settings I choose my own picture to display. The picture I have selected appears in the correct picture...
  10. Picture On Startup Not Showing After Update

Picture On Startup Not Showing After Update: On my Toshiba notebook PC (Model C55-A5302), after an automatic update was pushed down last week, the "Do You Like What You See?" picture does not show - just black screen with "Do You Like?" question displayed. I have to advance to the login screen, at which point the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Personal picture not showing on logon screen during startup windows 10