Windows 10: Personal Theme Names

Discus and support Personal Theme Names in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a personal theme, as in a photo of my doggie.....BUT, had pics of two different dogs... I named it then realized I put the wrong dog name on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnaG0516, Aug 11, 2018.

1. AnnaG0516 Win User

Personal Theme Names

I created a personal theme, as in a photo of my doggie.....BUT, had pics of two different dogs... I named it then realized I put the wrong dog name on it. I want to edit it to be correct. How do I do that?

:)

AnnaG0516, Aug 11, 2018

2. change the names of the themes.

Hello Michael,

You can change the names of your specified themes as personalized ones by simply following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings; then select Personalization.
    • Under Personalization, select Themes.
    • Click on Theme Settings.
    • Under Windows Default Themes, right click on the desired theme; then click on
      Save Theme located in the lower left pane of My Themes.
    • A small pop-up window will appear which will ask for a name. Enter the desired name; then, click on
      Save. The theme which has been modified will be under My Themes.

Kindly execute the same procedure with the rest of the themes that you desire to correct the names.

Feel free to reach out if you need anything else.

Vanessa Oca, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Personal Theme Names

How do you rename a "Theme" - under settings/personalization ?

Hi David,

A theme is a combination of desktop background pictures, window colors, and sounds. Which version of Windows 10 are you using? Is it the Anniversary Update or the Creators Update?

If you’re using Windows 10 version 1607, you can follow the steps below to create a backup of your Theme with your preferred name:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization, then click Themes.
    • Under Themes, click Theme settings.
    • A new window will pop up.
    • Choose the Theme you want to copy and click Save theme.
    • Enter your preferred theme name.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Personal Theme Names

1. Personal Theme Names - Similar Threads - Personal Theme Names

2. WIN 11 Personalization: Themes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 Personalization: Themes: Is it possible to sort Themes alphabetically when working with Personalization?I'm used to Win 10 where such action is done with no problem but, in WIN 11 Themes are shown in a "bunch" without the ability to sort them alphabetically and, on list form rather than on a long...
  3. WIN 11 Personalization: Themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11 Personalization: Themes: Is it possible to sort Themes alphabetically when working with Personalization?I'm used to Win 10 where such action is done with no problem but, in WIN 11 Themes are shown in a "bunch" without the ability to sort them alphabetically and, on list form rather than on a long...
  4. Windows 11 Personalization/Theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Personalization/Theme: Hello,Is there a way to choose the colour of the Start Up / Shut Down / Update screen accent and/or colour? Back in Windows 10 the Start Up screen was the same colour as my Start Menu theme which was red with black writing. Now on Windows 11 the Start Up screen is just black...
  5. Windows 11 Personalization/Theme

Windows 11 Personalization/Theme: Hello,Is there a way to choose the colour of the Start Up / Shut Down / Update screen accent and/or colour? Back in Windows 10 the Start Up screen was the same colour as my Start Menu theme which was red with black writing. Now on Windows 11 the Start Up screen is just black...
  6. Question about downloading themes and appearing in the theme section of personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about downloading themes and appearing in the theme section of personalization: I have downloaded themes from the store before but for some reason when I tried doing it today 10/13/2020 I was told it was downloaded successfully; but, for some reason it did not appear in the list of themes on the personalization page. I deleted it, re-downloaded it, and...
  7. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  8. Personalize the theme

Personalize the theme: Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme. So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my background but in this version of windows I can't find it. Can anyone help me with that?...
  9. Personalization(List of Themes)

Personalization(List of Themes): Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be installed and its(theme) status is owned. But when I go to the settings to apply this theme, I can't find in the list of the...
  10. Needing Qttabbar Personalized Themes

Needing Qttabbar Personalized Themes: Was looking for someone to send me their personalized theme for qttabbar. I want to experiment with different skins. 98478