Windows 10: Personal User Account Hijacked by Microsoft

Discus and support Personal User Account Hijacked by Microsoft in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Be right, wrong or indifferent, I set my PC up to not require a logon. Then one morning when I fired up the PC, all of sudden I had a Microsoft Logon... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HOJO, Sep 24, 2016.

1. HOJO Win User

Personal User Account Hijacked by Microsoft

Be right, wrong or indifferent, I set my PC up to not require a logon. Then one morning when I fired up the PC, all of sudden I had a Microsoft Logon screen requiring a password. I did have an old Passport account, but never really used it, obviously MS hadn't forgotten. My personal PC user account had been completely removed and the only user account was now the Passport account. I know for a fact it was done without my knowledge or concurrence. Any idea how this could occur? Research indicated I could set up a local account and then remove the MS account. However, setting up a local account seems to require the use of a email (Preferably MS, of course) account and password, which I do not want to do. Any suggestions?

:)

2. Tuyrning the STUPID password functionn off!

Microsoft didn't hijack your PC as you yourself state you setup your Microsoft account on your PC.

Simple solution, create a new local user without a password and delete the Microsoft account user.

IJustHelping, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Kyah Pembaryah, Sep 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, I can't offer a solution, only that I've noted a similar thread where the user, suddenly finding he was presented with the need to enter a password, managed to recall what it might have been.

So it might seem you're not the only one.

Could you look at your Update History and see if the date of an update corresponds to when your password prompt first appeared?

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  5. HOJO Win User
    I am not really sure, but I think it was around the time that the following updates occurred; Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176934) or Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607.

6. dalchina New Member
    Does your current account behave as you expect- do Documents ,Videos... your personal folders contain what you expect- is your desktop as you expect- startups the same? I.e. s it still the same account?

Do you have more than one account on your PC?

dalchina, Sep 25, 2016
  7. HOJO Win User
    As far as I tell so far the new account acts the same as the old. I had and have only one account that I know of. I am not sure that there are not hidden or system accounts being used. I have been reviewing the Security Event logs and it looks to me like (I am not very knowledgeable of how the security works, so this is just my interpretation) the initial logon is automatically accomplished using my old account, because I can see my old account name in the log. Then then I can see the steps in the log at what appears to me of that account being usurped by the MS account. As far as I can tell, this started on 8/21/2016 and repeats every time I log on. Unfortunately my event log only went back to 8/20/2016 and not for a full day. However, the log for the time available looks quite different in that there are a lot of ANONYMOUS LOGONs and a workstation mentioned that I have never heard of. That all being said, it doesn't explain what caused the hijack, at least to me even though the activity on 8/20/2016 looks suspicious. I looked in the other type of event logs and didn't find anything that I could correlate to the the security events on 8/20/2016 or 8/21/2016. Technically, I'm in over my head on this one. I suspect this will remain a mystery, unless you have some further insights.

Thanks again for your help.

HOJO, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Personal User Account Hijacked by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Personal User Account

2. Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account: Hi Support Community, Looking to change my old personal Microsoft account to reflect new business account. Currently have an alias set up against two domains and just purchased Surface Book 2 for business and logged in under new domain no problems but cant sync settings or...
  3. How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?: Hello I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft store. Basically, the email I use for Windows 10 is my primary email that I use now, but my secondary email (my older one) has...
  4. Personal account sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personal account sync: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot sync my personal account. It is the domain account and I receive a message that it cannot be synced. I couldn’t find any button to press sync with another account...
  5. Microsoft is hijacking my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is hijacking my computer: It has been months now since the latest Windows 10 upgrade and I am going in circles with this upgrade. It barely finished installing it that it starts downloading again, slows down my computer, not allowing me to work, practically hijacking my computer. I have had...
  6. Can't login to my personal Microsoft account

Can't login to my personal Microsoft account: [IMG] This happens when I try to login to my Microsoft account. I even created another Microsoft account for the sake of testing but it still doesnt allow me to login....
  7. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...
  8. User accounts and Microsoft accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and Microsoft accounts: Our genealogy club has a room with a few PCs that members may use to access online databases the club pays for. With Windows 7, members use a flash drive for data transfer between their home PC and a club PC. If a member had a Microsoft account and could log in to a club...
  9. User profile of a Microsoft account

User profile of a Microsoft account: Hi Using the web, how do I see the public profile of a user who has a Microsoft account live.it or outlook.com or outook.it? Thanks Bye 64612
  10. Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account: Hello, I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran into issues. The process started as it should do, and the window says it was currently doing the changes.... then the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 account hilacked stuck at login