Windows 10: Personalise lock screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Personalise lock screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I keep my chosen picture on the sign in/lock screen in Windows 10? I have changed it dozens of times and despite the preview showing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carolecochrane, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Personalise lock screen in Windows 10

How can I keep my chosen picture on the sign in/lock screen in Windows 10? I have changed it dozens of times and despite the preview showing the picture I have selected, when I turn the laptop off it has always reverted back to the MS default picture when I next turn it on. Thanks in advance

:)

carolecochrane, Jul 5, 2018
  2. thomcats Win User

Cannot use Settings->Personalisation to change Lock Screen settings

Hello,
    Is it possibly the Anniversary Update, which has blocked my possibilities to change the Lock Screen configuration? In Settings->Personalisation that whole option is greyed out today and I'm stuck with a lock screen, which I can't modify or change. Any help for this? Perhaps there is a registry change I could apply? I would be happy for any suggestion.

I've attached an image. My language is Swedish, but I guess that you will recognise the part of the Settings->Personalisation, which is shown.

Thanks in advance
    *Think

thomcats, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Personalise and Lock screen.

Hello,

To further troubleshoot the lock screen issue, we suggest that you install the latest update KB4016240. This update includes fixes and improvements for the previous known issues. Please go to this

link
    to learn more and click
    here
    to download the update.

We also suggest that you enable the Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing
    option. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box, type
      Sysdm.cpl in the box, and then press the Enter key.
    • Click on the Advanced tab. And under the Performance section, click the
      Settings button to open the Performance Options dialog box.
    • Check the Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing tick box and click
      OK.

Set your lock screen again and see if you will still encounter the issue. Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Personalise lock screen in Windows 10

Personalise and Lock screen.

Thank you for that information.

We would like to confirm your system settings. Did you disable the Windows 10 Lock screen? To find out if the Lock screen is enabled or not, follow the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type netplwiz then hit Enter. If prompted, click
      Yes or enter the administrative password.
    • Make sure that Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
      is enabled.
      Personalise lock screen in Windows 10 7362eb38-9194-4ce0-81fc-56b15a9c7d6f.png
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Personalise lock screen in Windows 10

1. Personalise lock screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Personalise lock screen

2. Personalisation - maybe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personalisation - maybe?: My background colours have become messed up in apps such as Mail, Calculator & File explorer, to name but 3. All I want is white background and black lettering. I've tried various fixes but they don't work for me. TIA...
  3. surprise personalisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    surprise personalisation: I'm used to Windows 10 starting the day with one of Microsoft's library of over-dramatic landscapes, which I then click on to get the login screen. For some reason it has suddenly decided to substitute a photo from my own library. Don't know how it happened but it's a nice...
  4. personalisation

personalisation: I want to enable dark mode permantley, how would i do this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation/bed1b332-6a0a-4948-b072-28a081faa862
  5. Personalisation Problem

Personalisation Problem: I have lost my personalised desktop display and cannot restore it as Personalisation in Settings is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-problem/07fdf4fe-94c8-44b7-9a0a-f7c9e003c818
  6. Window 10 Background Personalisation

Window 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  7. Microsoft Lumia 950 on Windows 10 - Personalisation - Lock Screen Time Out - Needs a NEVER...

Microsoft Lumia 950 on Windows 10 - Personalisation - Lock Screen Time Out - Needs a NEVER...: Microsoft Lumia 950 on Windows 10 - Personalisation - Lock Screen Time Out - Needs a NEVER Option Dear Mr. Billy Goates, Can you PLEASE add the NEVER CODE like all previous Lumia models had in PERSONALISATION - LOCK SCREEN - SCREEN TIMES OUT AFTER: 30secs, 1 minute, 3...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening: A few hours ago I changed my desktop default background to a slideshow which has worked perfectly. However whenever I try to re-enter the personalisation section in the settings, it does the clicking animation and then stops, I can hover over other settings tabs but cannot...
  9. Personalised settings on a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalised settings on a black screen: So, I let my PC update overnight and when I finally come back, I see a black screen and on the top left corner, a box labeled Personalised Settings. I've googled a few fixed for this and I think the best way to fix it is with task manager. But apparently, my task manager...
  10. Cannot use Settings->Personalisation to change Lock Screen settings

Cannot use Settings->Personalisation to change Lock Screen settings: Hello, Is it possibly the Anniversary Update, which has blocked my possibilities to change the Lock Screen configuration? In Settings->Personalisation that whole option is greyed out today and I'm stuck with a lock screen, which I can't modify or change. Any help for this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personalise with my picture on lock screen