Windows 10: Personalization Screen

Discus and support Personalization Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, On the Personalization settings screen, are 5 pictures to select one of them as desktop wallpaper. I want to delete / replace 2 of them but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Motim, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Personalization Screen

Hello,
    On the Personalization settings screen, are 5 pictures to select one of them as desktop wallpaper.
    I want to delete / replace 2 of them but impossible - right click does not open any submenu.
    I tried to add (test) some picture, but the unwanted only moved 1 block fwd, then I added another, and the previous was only replaced. The unwanted is still one of the 5.
    Is it possible to delete one or two out of these 5 images, and how.
    I looked into windows folders, these images are not there.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Apr 21, 2017
  2. RicW-nw Win User

screen personalization

The option should still be available - by what method are you trying to change it?

Try going to start - settings - personalization. If you can see the options but they are greyed out please update.

Thanks, R.

RicW-nw, Apr 21, 2017
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    screen personalization

You're welcome... there's so much stuff it's easy to miss something! - Ric.

RicW-nw, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Personalization Screen

The five images are there as a convenient shortcut to easily switch back to one you used earlier. You can choose any other image you want as your background picture. Just click the 'Browse' button just beneath the five pictures and find one. When you select one it will be added as the first of the five shortcut images, the rest will shift one place along and (what was) the last one will disappear from the list of five.

5. prikker Win User
    @Bree: The same applies to the lockscreen, but browse is grayed out:

Personalization Screen [​IMG]

Do you know why?

prikker, Apr 21, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    @prikker, your screenshot shows the red 'some settings are managed by your organisation' message. This is normally due to a setting (in your case 'Browse' for a lock screen picture) being disabled in Group Policy or by modifying the registry. It is not greyed out for me, nor do I have the '...organisation..' message.

7. prikker Win User
    Okay, thank you very much.

prikker, Apr 21, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Personalization Screen

You're welcome.

9. sygnus21 Win User
    Correct me if I'm wrong but those settings would have to be done by the user and not by default of the OS. That is, if those settings are changed, it was done because the user wanted them changed. Or am I missing something?

And for the record nothing on my personalization screen was greyed out either.

sygnus21, Apr 21, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    No, you are correct, but sometimes users try changing thing in the registry, then just forget about it because it didn't have the effect they intended - the 'managed by your organisation' message being an unintended consequence. Could be the case here.

11. Motim Win User
    Hello Bree,
    It worked.
    Thanks.

Motim, Apr 21, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    Agree. And that's what I figured happened.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Personalization Screen

1. Personalization Screen - Similar Threads - Personalization Screen

2. I had a very sentimental personal photo as my screen saver with windows 10. I finally got...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a very sentimental personal photo as my screen saver with windows 10. I finally got...: I had a very sentimental personal photo as my screen saver with windows 10. I finally got the nerve to move to windows 11 and now that screen saver photo is gone! How can I get it back? Not happy!...
  3. I had a very sentimental personal photo as my screen saver with windows 10. I finally got...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a very sentimental personal photo as my screen saver with windows 10. I finally got...: I had a very sentimental personal photo as my screen saver with windows 10. I finally got the nerve to move to windows 11 and now that screen saver photo is gone! How can I get it back? Not happy!...
  4. How to Personalize the screen on my external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Personalize the screen on my external monitor: I have an external monitor connected to my laptop and it shows a wide black border on all four sides of the screen. The image on my laptop's home screen fills the screen horizontally and only shows black borders at the top and bottom of the screen. I have tried...
  5. How to Personalize the screen on my external monitor

How to Personalize the screen on my external monitor: I have an external monitor connected to my laptop and it shows a wide black border on all four sides of the screen. The image on my laptop's home screen fills the screen horizontally and only shows black borders at the top and bottom of the screen. I have tried...
  6. Microsoft family safety screen time locked by random person and cannot be disabled.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft family safety screen time locked by random person and cannot be disabled.: Contacted support online results were1. useless2. wasted 2 hours transferring me 3 times 3. closed my case without solving anythingso I called instead, results1. directed me back onlineMy problem is that someone random added me to the family safety and put screen time lock on...
  7. Microsoft family safety screen time locked by random person and cannot be disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family safety screen time locked by random person and cannot be disabled.: Contacted support online results were1. useless2. wasted 2 hours transferring me 3 times 3. closed my case without solving anythingso I called instead, results1. directed me back onlineMy problem is that someone random added me to the family safety and put screen time lock on...
  8. Microsoft family safety screen time locked by random person and cannot be disabled.

9. Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop: Hi, I have someone else's email address and some of their data saved on my laptop. I don't know this person but believe it is someone known to my ex partner. How has this happened and what can I do about it?...
  10. Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop

Someone else's email info is in my login screen on my personal laptop: Hi, I have someone else's email address and some of their data saved on my laptop. I don't know this person but believe it is someone known to my ex partner. How has this happened and what can I do about it?...