Windows 10: Personalization

Discus and support Personalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I would like to know if anyone knows how to delete(remove) user picture(avatar) and user name from the welcome and or lock screen? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobbymcgee, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Personalization

Greetings, I would like to know if anyone knows how to delete(remove) user picture(avatar) and user name from the welcome and or lock screen? I have deleted all pictures(account) from all suggested flolders (app data, etc) but name and picture still appear on both screens. It's an annoyance and takes away from the background wallpaper. I have win 10 pro, version 1709, build 16299.19. Any help is appreciated *Cool

:)

bobbymcgee, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

"Personalization colours" aren't personal

Hi,

Normally, the settings of the computers in an organization are being set and controlled by the IT administrators. In some cases, users are allowed to personalize and make some changes with the computer settings. However, the computer usually restores the
    previous settings after every restart. To receive the best advice regarding your concern, we recommend that you get in touch with your IT administrator.

If you need further help about this, we suggest posting it to
    TechNet Forums
    . In this way, you'll receive the best possible assistance from IT professionals who are more equipped regarding this matter.

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Personalization

I am having difficulties in placing desktop personalization back to Default mode.

The colors are constantly switching to "pick an accent color from my background", even when the box for this function is no longer checked.

I see no way to return to default mode.

There is no restore function ... only recovery .. which reformats the system.

StanleyJohnStonie, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Personalization

Hello, @bobbymcgee. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

It is syncing with what you have in your account online. Go to your account online > Click "Edit name" > Click "Change picture" > Click "remove".

Tony K, Oct 22, 2017
  5. Greetings,(thanks for the welcome) I have a microsoft acccount but I use a local account instead. Anyway when I clicked on to the ms account,>sync your settings I did not see "Edit name"> "change picture">remove"

bobbymcgee, Oct 22, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Should probably ask if you ever uploaded one there?

Have you ever used an MS account to sign into your device/PC?

To be sure > Your main account signin > Not Outlook email online.

Click on signin here: Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today

You should see this:

Personalization [​IMG]

Personalization [​IMG]

Personalization [​IMG]

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Personalization

1. Personalization - Similar Threads - Personalization

2. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...
  3. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...
  4. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to sign out of my personal account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign out of my personal account.: I want to have only my work account in this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-my-personal-account/709aae68-0f02-44cc-9d1d-8e78baaa2915
  6. How to sign out of my personal account.

How to sign out of my personal account.: I want to have only my work account in this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-my-personal-account/709aae68-0f02-44cc-9d1d-8e78baaa2915
  7. My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...: I'm a free-lance writer and have finished my first book and hired a semi-retired editor to "do her thing". It was a very professional outcome, and then the editor put a "freeze" on the Word doc. to avoid traditional publishers from editing anything in the manuscript. Well,...
  8. My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...

My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...: I'm a free-lance writer and have finished my first book and hired a semi-retired editor to "do her thing". It was a very professional outcome, and then the editor put a "freeze" on the Word doc. to avoid traditional publishers from editing anything in the manuscript. Well,...
  9. Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id: HI .I had my personal and previous work account linked and had 4 certifications done with that MCId. I joined another organization and noticed that all my previous certifcations are not visible on my personal account which are earlier mapped to prev organization. How can I...
  10. Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id

Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id: HI .I had my personal and previous work account linked and had 4 certifications done with that MCId. I joined another organization and noticed that all my previous certifcations are not visible on my personal account which are earlier mapped to prev organization. How can I...