Windows 10: personalized settings not responding after every windows update

Discus and support personalized settings not responding after every windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time there is a windows 10 update and the computer restarts after the update, I can reach the login screen and log in but then I get a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by syrreyman, Jan 7, 2018.

1. syrreyman Win User

personalized settings not responding after every windows update

Every time there is a windows 10 update and the computer restarts after the update, I can reach the login screen and log in but then I get a black screen with a white box indicating personalized settings not responding. I have done a ctrl alt del to get to task manager and run new task, enter CMD and enter sfc /scannnow. This appears to correct the problem. In the details in task manager it looks like explorer.exe is not responding after the update restart. This happens with every windows 10 update. Is there anything I can do to avoid this from happening again at the next windows update?

:)

syrreyman, Jan 7, 2018
  2. JoeGard Win User

Personalized settings not responding after windows 10 updates

help please

Windows 10 updates have been installed on a HP elitebook 8460p. When i reboot I am now stuck on the personalized settings not responding on a black screen. I have tried many things to no avail. The solutins that i have read have not been
    helpful. Any thoughts?

JoeGard, Jan 7, 2018
  3. Personalized settings not responding after windows 10 updates

In my case, this problem started after the Creators update.

I have a Dell Optiplex 760.

I have uninstalled my graphics drivers. No help.

I have unplugged all of my peripherals with the exception of the wireless keyboard and mouse. No help.

I have turned off fast boot or fast startup whatever it's called. No help.

I removed my video card. No help.

Tried several other things I found online. Nothing has worked.

The only thing besides booting in safe mode that does anything is restoring a previous version of Windows. However, that is only a temporary fix as the Creators updates automatically downloads again and screws up my computer each and every time in a seemingly endless
    loop of frustration.

TylerFoley, Jan 7, 2018
  4. personalized settings not responding after every windows update

FreeBooter, Jan 7, 2018
Thema:

personalized settings not responding after every windows update

1. personalized settings not responding after every windows update - Similar Threads - personalized settings responding

2. Every Windows 11 update deletes my personalization settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Windows 11 update deletes my personalization settings: Every time a new Windows 11 comes out, it deletes my personalization settings. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-windows-11-update-deletes-my-personalization/77c3cb0a-9e50-4483-8732-f71ea1793533
  3. Every Windows 11 update deletes my personalization settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Windows 11 update deletes my personalization settings: Every time a new Windows 11 comes out, it deletes my personalization settings. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-windows-11-update-deletes-my-personalization/77c3cb0a-9e50-4483-8732-f71ea1793533
  4. Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen: After kb4556799 update Windows 10 started getting black screen with "Personalized Settings Not Responding after Windows Sign In and neither Task Manager response nor can I start in Safe Mode. I deleted the "Latest Feature update" and "latest quality update" to no avail. I...
  5. Personalized settings Not responding error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Personalized settings Not responding error: I have that error. The exact one described in this post Except it deleted my restore point when i tried to restore, and the updates wont revert. Im stuck here. Currently gonna try to run an update from a usb through windows powershell that i got to work by disabling every...
  6. Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Personalized Settings Not Responding in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you recently installed an update, and when you boot your computer and you see an error message – Personalized Settings (Not Responding), then some of these suggestions are sure to help you. This error can appear after installing an [...] This post...
  7. Personalized Settings (Not Responding) after an attempted OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalized Settings (Not Responding) after an attempted OS reinstall: I have seen a number of threads about getting the Personalized Settings problem after an update, but I'm experiencing it after attempting a recovery of Windows 10 in an attempt to jump-start my Store, which was refusing to install any apps. The reinstall took over six hours...
  8. windows 10 update issue, personalized settings not responding

windows 10 update issue, personalized settings not responding: After last night's update I cannot log in to my account. After filling my password the computer freezes with a small Personalized Settings (Not Responding) message. Task manager also does not start. Since it's a HP tablet pc I do not have a recovery disk either. Cheers...
  9. Personalized settings is not responding with Windows 10 update after restart.

Personalized settings is not responding with Windows 10 update after restart.: When I update Windows 10 I get an error telling me personalized settings is not responding after restart. I get a warning box in upper left hand area of screen. Otherwise the screen is frozen and black. I can ctl-alt-del and work from the task manager. I have seen various...
  10. Personalized setting (not responding) after installing October 9 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalized setting (not responding) after installing October 9 cumulative updates: How do I recover Personalized setting (not responding) after installing October 9 cumulative updates? HELP!!! This happens when there is a large update....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personalized settings not responding fix